Hey guys, I've been looking for a while and can't find anything on the topic. I'm wondering if a popped blister while playing will ruin rosewood. I just started learning bar chords and every time I go to practice the thin e string pops my blister again and it has gotten a significant amount of dried blister juice on my first 5 frets or so. The blister isn't a problem, i can play through it fine but i am very concerned about messing up my guitar because i cannot afford a new one and won't be able to for a few years probably. I have some lemon oil, but I'm not trying to take my strings off and clean my fretboard every day, and i can't scrub the dried juice off without using some sort of cleaner that will be bad for the strings. Am i good to leave this there for a month or so until I callous over or do i need to be cleaning this all off every couple of days? Has anybody else experienced this and had something happen to their guitar? Thanks for the help
#blodepost
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

k.lainad what an eloquent response, and thanks for the warm welcome on my first post. Im not fortunate enough to know a single person that plays guitar so i have to ask all my stupid questions on the internet
Just use a guitar cloth, they're really cheap. Honestly, you shouldn't have to worry about wood being damaged unless you're pouring on a lot of it on one place for a long-ass period of time. (like literal months of time but with even semi regular cleaning, it should be fine)

Probably better to let your finger heal over as well for a day or.. five, just don't play hard or at all, even. Try some chord fingering/positioning exercises, etc.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
yea, dude, let your fingers heal some more before playing, and wipe your fretboard down after playing. It shouldn't be hard to get a paper towel under the strings to pick up any excess moisture.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It'll be fine.

You can always stick some superglue on your callouses if you need.
Dude, just let your blister heal.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
First buy this https://tinyurl.com/hyx5v3u. It has everything you need to take care of your guitar. Second let you fingers heal man or just play some open chords.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
mirin the dedication but you gotta slow down for a sec lol

yr guitar is fine btw just wipe it down
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Blister juice. Wow.

Regardless of whether it's harmful or not, it's definitely not sanitary, so deal with it before it even becomes a problem is my suggestion.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Da fuq is blister juice?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The_Blode You guys should form a club
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by EpiExplorer
Just use a guitar cloth, they're really cheap.
btw op these are sometimes just called "cloths" do keep an eye out for them
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
I had a pimple on my penis not that long ago....it was mega uncomfy
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I had a pimple on my penis not that long ago....it was mega uncomfy
My ex had that once

dw it doesn't impede sucking
ha-haaa
well you don't pop it

also it was near the base and he was like a baby's arm holding an apple
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
My ex had that once

dw it doesn't impede sucking

I just popped it and put ointment on it and it healed overnight....I was about to Google and see if penis cancer was a thing because I was about to have a tug and there was this small lump
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Dregen
hey i think i've had this so-called "blister juice" once

it was on my penis
makes good lubricant doesnt it, i love it when i have blister juice down there mmm
Well this thread didn't disappoint.

>shitposting
>actual advice
>zit discussion
>find out banjo is a size queen

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you whore
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
#7orBetter
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Ewwwww. I don't know if it will be really all that damaging but if I were you I'd clean your fretboard.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by clayton.sanders6
chrismendiola my guitar did it to me haha, and i didn't realize my finger was leaking until it was too late, and at that point it didn't matter if i continued playing

But you plan to continue playing with a blister. Gross. Why not clean your guitar and play again when the blister's gone? You don't have to clean it every day.
Free Ali
you should be more worried about pussy juice from all the action you're gonna get

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Just wipe it down after playing (you should try to get into that habit if you aren't already) and clean as usual.

Clean up aside, let your body heal up. I realize it comes across as all macho to be like... I bleedzded all over muh gitar! I poppded a blistar un muh gitar!

But...No, it's gross. Wrap that shit up. Sweat is always a factor, which should be clean up due to rust issues that can occur. But, beyond sweat, other bodily fluids should be cleaned up if they are result from injury due to the fact that you have an open wound. There are only two times when it is acceptable to get fluids (other than sweat) on your instrument without stopping to tend to the them and your own person... when you are live on stage and the set must go on... or, if you accidentally sling some mangurt across the room due to poor angle of attack during coitus. In both of those situations... once the gig is up, clean it up.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.