Hi everyone!

Right now Ive got a Jackson soloist SL2H, LTD EX-400, PRS SE Custom 24, PRS S2 Custom 24, and Ive recently ordered an Ibanez JEM JR which Im going to upgrade with gotoh trem, tuners, locking nut and dimarzio evos. Today a Dean VMNT popped up for $600 canadian in the local buy and sell and I cant decide if I should get it or not lol. Used to have a Edwards RR which I sold back in the day because I wanted a gutiar with a neck pickup and now an opporunity has arisen to go back down the V road lol.
I would never buy a dean. flat out. especially a lower end one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

This. Not only has every single guitar of their I played felt like a total cheap arse piece of shit, but their business practices are horrible and they are trying to milk a dead man as much as they can.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by trashedlostfdup

There's a big difference between the Dean's you see artist use and most of the ones you'll see on the shelves. I really love my Dean Acoustic, for what it is. I'd honestly put that $600 guitar against most $2000 accoustics (maybe not Martin :P). But they're electrics are just cheap feeling.
N1ghtmar3C1n3ma

Dean can only do what they're doing with the permission of Dimehag's eststate. If you want to point at someone for being a vulture, look at the executor and/or heirs.

As to the main reason I'm posting: I own & love 2 Deans, made & purchased new in 2003 or so. One is a Time Capsule Cadillac- very high end for their product line; objectively a very good guitar.

The other is a Special Select EVO- a @$500 LP knockoff. The guitar is surprisingly well made. It holds tune like a man dangling from a rope out of a skyscraper window. The only problem is the harsh-sounding humbuckers.

And having tried other Deans, I say that I will not buy another one unless it is at least as well made as that EVO, because cheap Deans are terribad.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!