Hey.
Im looking for a case for the gibson J-15.
The gibson case is expansive (my local store selling the guitar chep without the case).
Whats the best alternative case which fits perfactly?
Any recommendation?

Thank you
Last edited by motixlost at Feb 20, 2017,
It may be expensive, but it's always better in the long term to get the case for the guitar that was intended to fit in it.

It'll fit better, match the guitar better aesthetically, and it gives the guitar better resale value than it would do if it had a case from another brand.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I cant find the exact case model number for the j-15.
How can i find just the gibson case?

Thanks
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It may be expensive, but it's always better in the long term to get the case for the guitar that was intended to fit in it.

It'll fit better, match the guitar better aesthetically, and it gives the guitar better resale value than it would do if it had a case from another brand.
+1

I have 2 Jumbo acoustics by different manufacturers, and even though they are virtually identical in every way discernable, only one of them fits in my hard case.

I'd recommend buying a Jumbo padded soft case (which will be a lot cheaper & have no risk of not fitting) as a short term solution, then using that to carry the guitar round as many stores as possible till you find a solid case that fits.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Im not moving the guitar. It'll be in the house all the time. Do i really need a hard case? Will An original soft case be enough?
If you are not moving with it a soft should be fine. But ya never know when you might want to take it somewhere so a hard case is always a good idea.
Quote by motixlost
Im not moving the guitar. It'll be in the house all the time. Do i really need a hard case? Will An original soft case be enough?

It depends on how much abuse it might get when its in storage at home. If it's likely to get knocked, jostled about and moved around the house a lot, get a hardshell case. If it's going to be kept in a safe place where that isn't likely to happen, you might get away with a soft padded gig bag.

For a guitar like a Gibson J-15, I'd get a proper hardshell case whatever the situation may be. Soft padded gig bags just don't protect the guitar as well, and high quality gig bags are not that much cheaper than a decent hardshell case anyway. Seems like a bit of a false economy.

Some people like them because they're lightweight and you can carry them on your back like a backpack, but that's of no use to me. I don't need to ride a bicycle to gigs with an acoustic guitar on my back like a homeless busker. I own a car.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend