Drake and Josh is such a great. I recently re-watched the series and it was pretty great. One of my favorite episodes is the "Steered Straight" one (sounds kinda homophobic in 2017 though). The adult humor really makes the series more enjoyable when you're older.

My vocalist and I have become OBSESSED with Drake Bell. Drake and Josh is awesome but his music is hilariously bad. We decided to cover "Found a Way" as an intro to our setlist because it's in the same key as our opening song. My friend recently learned his song "Makes Me Happy", which is the song featured in the series finale, Really Big Shrimp. It's such a horrible song. The lyrics are AWFUL. And the worst part is, it's actually a REALLY catchy song. Too catchy. STUPIDLY catchy.

Our obsession with Drake Bell and "Makes Me Happy" led us to watch Really Big Shrimp. We were expecting it to be an awesome episode, because we remembered the episode being awesome from our childhood. However, it was not...

The entire plot of the episode seemed broken. It seemed as if the plot was being driven forward by the characters making HORRIBLE DECISIONS (e.g. Josh signing away creative rights to Drake's song, his excuse being distracted by shrimp. Wtf?). There were also 6 or 7 plots going through the episode that all had to be resolved within 44 minutes. The episode was just a mess. Helen's grandmother staying in the D&J house had no impact on the plot whatsoever and just seemed like filler. Most of the plot points just didn't make sense.

Josh Peck's overacting in the last season is also something that really pisses me off. The faces and "noises" he makes in this episode make him a completely unlikable character. He does redeem himself in the end of the episode by switching the songs for the Superbowl, however his fuckup is unforgivable to me. I can't really blame Josh Peck though, it was just bad writing. They should have been more clever with the way Josh fucks up and ruins Drake's career.

Overall, this episode gets a 4/10 from me. Some good humor and heartwarming moments, but the poor writing and plot structure really ruins the episode for me. It just hasn't aged well. Just let me tell you, the rest of the series does not suffer from unprofessional writing like this. Highly recommend the series if you haven't seen it yet.
tldr

i really enjoyed watching drake and josh in my middleschool days, actually a pretty geniune kids show with great casting choices.
gotta also admit drake bell influenced me in one way or another guitar wise ...
dude used to be really cool and influential as fuck, pretty sure that show alone got a lot of kids into playing guitar in early - mid 2000's before guitar itself became irrelevant in the music industry. Funny, because that's what that episode is about.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It wasn't as good when Josh got thin, that's why that episode sucked.

I always hated the way he said 'Maygin...' tho
Last edited by matt bickerton at Feb 20, 2017,
think I've only seen one episode of this show in my life and that was only like 10 mins when someone had it on in the background and it was an old repeat. I wouldn't have watched it when it first came on because we didn't have cable/satellite then so no Nickelodeon. Would have been too old for it when it started anyway.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
whats drake an josh
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Paging WCPhils
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
this is edmodo/dqcrewmember/whatever
i just want to see how early i can call his multis from now on
Quote by RickC137

Overall, this episode gets a 4/10 from me.

It gets a 4/20 from me

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
You reviewed an episode show that's been off-air for almost a decade. The writing and acting are poor, big surprise.
Quote by institutions
this is edmodo/dqcrewmember/whatever
i just want to see how early i can call his multis from now on

would be pretty sad if they are still at this tbh

edit: hm.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I am great, thanks for noticing.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Meh, my son used to watch D&J so I have seen a fair amount of epidodes TBH it was better than most of the drivil that my grandkids watch on the kid's channels today.

That music tho
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

What? Why? This was the most random thread that I've ever seen. Reviewing a show from 2006? Honestly dude, I want whatever you're taking.
Drake and Josh is my favorite show of all time
RIP Matt Lauer

Because i'd rather pretend you're dead than acknowledge your existence.
Quote by TROUnation
What? Why? This was the most random thread that I've ever seen. Reviewing a show from 2006? Honestly dude, I want whatever you're taking.

I suppose some people don't have much to get excited about.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

OP is Drake fishing for criticism and relevance
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
I used to think their sister was hot

then I grew up

I had this thing as a teen where I would only really find adult girls attractive but when I'd watch a show with teens I'd be like "she'll be hot in a few years" and then keep watching in a slightly creepy way.

I blame all the 90s teen shows that were usually full of adults. wasn't until nickelodeon and disney really started pumping out shit that we got teen shows with actual teens for the majority of the show run.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o