So I posted here looking for suggestions on a guitar, and ended up with an Epihpone LP Tribute which I couldn't be happier with. Then I did the same for amps, and I settled on a DSL40C which sounds phenomenal. Now, with the DSL, I'm ready to retire my Line 6 POD and get some decent pedals. I use the crunch channel as my broken up cleans and use the overdrive channel for everything else, but I can't control the two modes per channel via a footswitch. Therefore, I'm thinking of an MXR M77 as a boost and color, screamer type thing to use over both channels. I'm considering an MXR M102 comp, the classic Crybaby wah, and some type of looper (I want to try to run it in the front of my amp actually, although I'm sure I'll settle for it in the loop), possible the TC Ditto. I don't want a bid or complex looper. I'm thinking of the Vodoo Lab ISO-5 for power. I don't want to spend more than ~$120 per pedal unless there's something really great for just a bit more. That being said, as far as boost/drive, comp, wah, and looper, do you agree with these? What would you change? Also, will this signal be alright? I was hoping that wouldn't be an issue, but if I have to throw in a BOSS for the buffer so be it. Thanks!
I thought the channels on that amp were footswitchable? if so start with the switch. I'd skip a distortion pedal and just get an overdrive to pair up with the channels (that's what I do). I'd look a little harder at wahs as cry-baby's on the cheap side tend to kinda suck. check out Morley. not sure if yo really need a compressor what styles of music are we talking? you may want to look at a delay.
monwobobbo First off, thanks for the quick response. The amp's CHANNELS are footswitchable, but each channel has two modes which are only accessible via the front panel. I actually had the same idea as you with stacking the M77 over both channels: demos make it seem like it can go from more of a signal boost to a colorful, hotrodded tone. It's labelled as an overdrive and, to me at least, it sounds more down that alley. Funny enough, a friend gave me a Morley Bad Horsie 2 a while back, but it hasn't worked in years. Maybe I'll open it up and take an (uneducated) look around if the tone is worth it. Alternatively, which model Morley would you be looking at if I can't figure it out? The compressor is something I have just wanted to try for a while; I play all types of rock from ZZ Top to Three Days Grace. Admittedly I'm not interested in country which seems to be the big comp market, but I was hoping it'd help blend some cleaner broken up tones (Tom Petty, that type of deal). As far as delays go, I have a cheap Behringer delay I might be able to locate (might as well if it's just laying around), but I never really felt the need for one and don't really want to spend the money to spring for an additional pedal right now. I might be in the market for a nice flanger later on though.
So stupid me just had to plug the pedal in, must be some battery saving thing. The wah isn't exactly the sound I'm going for but it's still great, I'd rather focus on effects I use more like the boost. Haven't tried the delay yet, but I'd assume I'll feel the same about it.
The Bad Horsie is a good call, the controls let you dial in a pretty nice sound. My preferred wah.

Everything you mentioned sounds okay to me, there are always other options but nothing stands out as awful. The M77 could definitely work but I would try it out to make sure you like the flavor.

I personally consider a decent delay a must, but I understand if you want to hold off on that purchase. I use the MXR Carbon Copy, as it is simple and sounds great, but again there are a TON of options.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
dementiacaptain That's great info. When I do go for a delay I bet I'll end up with the Carbon Copy too, people seem to love it! I can't get out to play an M77 easily, but I've listened to all the sound clips I can find and I think it's right for me; it definitely seems like a bit of a controversial sound (as most screamers seem to be). Are there any loopers you would recommend over the Ditto? I know I could go many routes but as far as a sub-$120, SIMPLE looper is there anything clearly superior? I don't need any stored sound, usb out, or anything fancy, I just want an unobtrusive, intuitive pedal.
Quote by guspac88
dementiacaptain Are there any loopers you would recommend over the Ditto? I know I could go many routes but as far as a sub-$120, SIMPLE looper is there anything clearly superior? I don't need any stored sound, usb out, or anything fancy, I just want an unobtrusive, intuitive pedal.

Not really, no. The Ditto is very simple and although there are pedals that are just as good, I don't think there are any comparable ones that are clearly better.
Jeffh40 Great, thanks. Glad there are people here with knowledge on these things, I really appreciate it!