Been looking into buying a nice little amp for some bedroom play. I've played the microcube and I gotta say, for the price it's pretty nice. Do any of you have suggestions that I could check out? As far as what I play, I just like versatility really. Jazz to OD
What's your budget? And could you expand on what you want to play a bit more?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz Thanks. I have a decent tube amp already that I keep at a bandmates house as we gig often so I really am just trying to find something for my room. Budget I'd say 3 or 400 at most for something to use in my bedroom
I study jazz so when I practice I like to have that jazzy tone
Aside from that though, as far as music that I write goes I go for metal/djent kind of stuff. Thanks again
Well, I have 5 amps in varying sizes and designs including a vintage 1949 Carvin, 64 Super Reverb, Mesa F-30, Super Champ, and Micro Cube. I use all of them except the 49 Carvin which needs some chassis work and is just a parlor piece at this point. I kinda like the Micro Cube. It's the only amp that doesn't have any tubes but for a tiny, battery powered BR practice amp it gets it done for me. With no illusions, it is what it is. Maybe the best lil instant practice amp out there.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quilter SS amps have been on my radar- and G.A.S. list- for a few years now.
http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/aboutus/product-guide

A couple hundred will get you the 101 head, which is the size of a double pedal and has a headphone jack. Cleans as nice as you care, takes pedals better than most SS amps out there. It probably won't do the heaviest stuff...think of it as a pocket sized Fender amp.

Much the same can be said of their other amps, too. The main differences are in features, not quality.

To be clear, though: none of them are modeling amps.

(Some of the others are available as combos, but only the 101 has that headphone jack.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!