Hi guys!

i was wondering if i could use my boss as a boost pedal without adding more gain or distortion to my tone..

i have it in my chain after a high"and i mean really high" gain distortion pedal..

i just want some volume boost for soloing without having anymore dirt...

well i've tried a bit by tweeking the knops.. but it didn't work..

BTW, sorry for my bad english.

thanks!!
Give your self the time to be a Beginner... because no one started as a Professional.
If you want to use it to raise the volume, you have to put it in the fx loop. What you are doing right now, is just driving an already overdriven signal, so its basicly just giving you more dirt and fuzz.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Yep, pretty much what has already been said. If you want to raise the volume, for a lead boost as an example, it needs to be in the effects loop, not out front. A boost pedal out front just increases the signal going into the preamp which doesn't really raise the volume at all.

Will the DS-1 work? Can you raise the volume all the way up, gain to zero and have it work? I tried a similar thing with a Metal Zone (since it was worthless for anything else) and when the gain was at 0, the pedal didn't produce an output signal so the metal zone didn't work this way. YMMV.
^ yeah or at least an overdrive that can get to clean boost territory (arguably a better idea, since they often have more tonal shaping options)

but yeah a lot of people in the past have used a ds1 as a boost, so it can be done, but it's not really a clean boost pedal, even with the gain low you're still getting some dirt from the pedal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Murad_Alm i am surprised it hasn't been asked, but what amp?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Murad_Alm i am surprised it hasn't been asked, but what amp?

I have a Laney PL 50 reverb amp, and a 2×12 Laney Cab..
Give your self the time to be a Beginner... because no one started as a Professional.
Quote by Murad_Alm
trashedlostfdup

I have a Laney PL 50 reverb amp, and a 2×12 Laney Cab..
I don't have experience with that amp, but given its SS nature and the price it is selling for on the used market, I'd look into upgrading your amp to a proper tube amp before you keep investing in pedals.
Quote by Will Lane
I don't have experience with that amp, but given its SS nature and the price it is selling for on the used market, I'd look into upgrading your amp to a proper tube amp before you keep investing in pedals.

I was thinking about that as well..
thanks!
Murad_Alm time to start amp hunting!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/