It's very polished - the recording as well as the songwriting.

But your vocal style is really weird. That's not saying your singing is bad tho. Your pitch and your tone is actually great. You just sound super different. Definitely not most people's definition of "singing". If that's just how you sound, then go for it. But if you're singing like that on purpose then I'd really like to hear how you sound using your natural voice and singing in a better part of your range. Again, your pitch and tone are great. I feel like if you can sing, you oughta just sing bro.
Quote by curlyhead_P
But your vocal style is really weird. That's not saying your singing is bad tho. Your pitch and your tone is actually great. You just sound super different. Definitely not most people's definition of "singing". If that's just how you sound, then go for it. But if you're singing like that on purpose then I'd really like to hear how you sound using your natural voice and singing in a better part of your range. Again, your pitch and tone are great. I feel like if you can sing, you oughta just sing bro.

Yeah definitely singing like that on purpose (the way I emote and put stress on vocals, the rest is just how I sound naturally tone-wise and all), tends to feel the most natural for me. No one in my genre sings like this, so I'm hoping I can change it up a bit from the typical drenched amount of reverb. I've never really tried singing before, like normal singing, might give it a shot but I don't want the vocals to take too much away from the music.

Thanks for the review!
Last edited by ShoeGazeBand at Mar 4, 2017,
ShoeGazeBand,
Your link took me here, so here I am. I like this song too; perhaps not as much as the first one I reviewed, though it's still quite good. I like the vocals a lot. Funny, though my vocals have been quite controversial for ages. Some people like them, some people don't. Lots of people think I use too many effects on my vocals, though that lead me to getting played on the Radio BBC. Since you live in the L.A. area, you've probably heard of this radio station: I've also gotten play on 106.7 KROQ. So don't be afraid to go for your own sound.
I like this song. As with the other song of yours that i listened to I think everything melds well together to create a very distinct atmosphere.
I see on the sound cloud page that you feel the song doesn't have enough energy to be the single for the album. One thing that might give this a boost is a bit more dynamic drum line. The drums are programmed, right? do you have a drummer full time in the band?
ambush is merely another name for Camping
Rookskerm 
Quote by Rookskerm
I like this song. As with the other song of yours that i listened to I think everything melds well together to create a very distinct atmosphere.
I see on the sound cloud page that you feel the song doesn't have enough energy to be the single for the album. One thing that might give this a boost is a bit more dynamic drum line. The drums are programmed, right? do you have a drummer full time in the band?

Hey, never saw your questions sorry about that.

Yep drums are programmed, I definitely plan on having our drummer record over all of my demos at some point, I typically get real damn lazy programming drums its super damn tedious lol

I wrote a new song called "Ocean" that I recently posted, we are going to have that one be our single it's way better. Thanks for the advice!
Recommended threads
Delete
ShoeGazeBand
Last post:
by Rookskerm
Delete
ShoeGazeBand
Last post:
by NeoMvsEu
Delete
ShoeGazeBand
Last post: