ive been playing guitar for just over a year, with a squier cv strat and a fender mustang II v.2 40 watt ss modelling amp.

At the moment i am simply playing in my bedroom so do not need crazy volumes, i play a lot of genres, mainly clean stuff or bluesy / crunchy / grungy rock, for example big fan of the cure, clash, pixies, pulp , hendrix, frusciante / rhcp, nirvana, sonic youth, joy division, radiohead etc as well as arctic monkeys, foals and more modern bands

I am not too sure about SS vs. Tube, but just really want a solid amp with good tone which i can change with pedals / eq etc. (have a big muff, ds1, and looper)

i have been looking at vox's; ac4, ac10, ac15 etc

fender: blues junior

possibly marshall: dsl5, dsl15

and maybe some SS, orange: crush 60 / 120

roland : jc44

can anyone help guide choose what i need?

thanks.
Marshall DSL 15 would work. you might want to look into Jet City amps as well. I'd look for a 2 channel amp
monwobobbo cheers for the reply, my only worry with the dsl's is do they clean up well enough? which is why i was looking towards 'cleaner' amps such as ac's, blues junior, then using pedals etc for dirt

but then having said that i got really sold on the orange cr60 by its price and by youtube user dave simpson who gets great tones out of it:
you can do better than a crush IMO.

I would recommend a good clean amp and stack pedals.

fender hotrod (HRD) amps are nice for that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup the only thing is a hot rod deluxe is a bit too expensive but why was why i was looking at possibly a fender blues junior or maybe an ac10 / 15?

Do you think id be able to use them for clean / slightly bluesy tones which will take pedals well?
^ the pro junior might be worth a look too. you won't get any dirt out of it itself (without pedals, I mean) at low volumes, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like BJ's, but lets be clear, i haven't played a blues jr. in years.

look into the Peavey clasic 30.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I like BJ's, but lets be clear, i haven't played a blues jr. in years.   look into the Peavey clasic 30.

guy doesn't want to hear about your sex life  

Peavey Classic or even a Valveking would be ideal just not sure how available they are where you're at. 
monwobobbo trashedlostfdup dave_mc cheers guys, the peavey classics looks nice but probably a bit too expensive and dont know much about the valveking.

i reckon ill have to get into a guitar store and try out the peavey's, fenders, and vox's and maybe a marshall dsl.

Plus, no comment on orange crush's or roland jc, despite solid state, ive seen many good reviews of them, or would u say just go for valve instead

In terms of getting sounds at low volumes, would you recommed a cleaner style amp and rely on pedals for dirt, or a slightly crunchier amp with maybe a few pedals in front?
gaff3rs_ 

either way will work as long as the amp has a master volume you are pretty much good to go on low volume. won't sound quite as good as when ampis cranked up but for practice will be fine.   i use a Valveking for practice and as a blues rock amp as that is what it's best at. the clean channel is very good and the drive channel does fine for distortion sounds up to older metal. not a modern metal amp and works better with an overdrive for the heavier sounds. i use an overdrive with it for anything that requiers distortion. 
monwobobbo alright thanks man, i guess i'll just have to get to a guitar shop at some point and try them all out first person.
Quote by gaff3rs_
monwobobbo alright thanks man, i guess i'll just have to get to a guitar shop at some point and try them all out first person.

always your best bet. 
Quote by gaff3rs_

In terms of getting sounds at low volumes, would you recommed a cleaner style amp and rely on pedals for dirt, or a slightly crunchier amp with maybe a few pedals in front?

it really depends on the types of tones you prefer and also personal preference
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?