As the title suggests really.

I'm looking for a new amp.
Based in the Philippines.
Budget and supply relatively limited - $500 approx but would go a tad higher if I need to.
Mostly play RHCP and Iron Maiden so that's where I'm based tone wise.
At the moment for bedroom practice but hope to move into small gigs in the next year or so - 50w required?!
Currently use a Peavey Rage 158 with a Zoom G2.1u set up on Marhsall models in the drive and EQ settings. Something feels hollow to me in tone. Can't quite put my finger on where it is though

Silver Jubilee reissues run at $1200-$1500 for the 2525H or C. One of these would probably sort me out but spending a third of that for my uses seems practical enough.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.
Quote by 8Len8
DSL.

Quote by dementiacaptain
This really.

I concur.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 8Len8
DSL.

Agreed.

However .... {looks around} ... I could be shot in some places for saying this, not sure if Bugera's are available to you over there? The Bugera 1990 is a clone of the JCM900. I know in the States, you can pick one of these up for WELL under your price range. And they actually sound really good with a retube .... when they're working.
Boom - thanks everyone. Guess the decision process is easy from here on out Will research Bugera's availability here - might be an odd ball one floating around
Not that the Bugera sounds bad, but with the DSL already being really affordable, it kind of seems like a waste to bother. Just my opinion.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Xander_X
Agreed.

However .... {looks around} ... I could be shot in some places for saying this, not sure if Bugera's are available to you over there? The Bugera 1990 is a clone of the JCM900. I know in the States, you can pick one of these up for WELL under your price range. And they actually sound really good with a retube .... when they're working.

Don't look but those Marshall's are made in China also,
Sorry, I'm late back to my own party! Thanks for all the help of everyone above. 

To reinstate my thoughts a little bit, and I am mainly based on the availability of stuff 'N' tings here. Narrowed my options down and surprisingly I am trying to convince myself to go less watts than more...basically a buddy of mine will lend or rent bigger gear if I ever need it for gigging but I need small venue setup/bedroom recording levels. Ideally want something I can crank reasonably without too much volume for neighbours, wife and baby, who are a small consideration (apparently). 

Firstly, I was all for getting a DSL based on everyone's recommendations here, however - can't be had here for a new model (can't find anyone who sells them locally) and a used model runs a real risk (if it would be EU or NA I'm for used gear, out here buyer beware (because everything will be fudged)). 

My options are basically down to one online store and one store in my immediate area. The current stock options they have between them are....:

* VHT Special 6
* Bugera BC15
* Orange Mirco/Dark/Tiny Terror (?!?!)
* Marshall 10CF/15CFX
* Orange Crush12
* Marshall CODE 25
* Blackstar ID Core 10w Combo

Basically, that is about what is readily on offer (maybe a Kustom or Randall in store on odd occasion). 

Pushing more towards tubes HOWEVER replacing them will probably be an absolute nightmare out here I think, but I'm tone chasing at the moment so it may be the lesser or two evils over SS. Head or combo versions of anything, I don't mind. Will cab if I need to

Baring in mind I'm after a Frooshie/Hendrixie tone that can tweak more towards Iron Maiden, are any of the above worth my time? Sorry, I will admit to having dumped myself in a minefield of amp options and I've got some analysis paralysis going on after so many reviews and Tube vids. 

Thankin' yous all!!
you might have no choice if your budget is still 500. you might be better off with a modeling amp at first just to try out some tones. 
when your budget is a little bit higher you can check out ceriatone they are based out of malayasia and will have decent shipping over to you.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
AcousticMirror Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I get about hit with about 90% import duty here or much higher risk shipping alternatives (balikbayan box and such). There are downsides to living in paradise....