Hi guys,
My name is Tommy, I'm 28 years old and was born with a very rare kidney and liver disease. I've undergone 2 transplants and lost the second one in 2011 and have been on dialysis since then while i'm waiting for a third one. I've been an avid guitar player since I was 10 years old, its my passion and my escape from the hell that is my medical life. I never had an issue with playing any guitar until 2011 when I lost my last transplant. My body started to change a lot, I developed a serious bone disease that shrunk the bones in my fingers a tiny bit which makes arpreggios nearly imposible. also due to the bone disease and dialysis I am very weak all the time, which is a lot of the issue since my main guitar is an Epiphone LP Custom, its way to heavy for me and the neck is too bulky. Ive tried a couple Ibanez that I really love like the eGen8, or the S770PB, Something with both Duel Humbuckers and a Single coil option would be perfect. I just dont have a lot to spend with all my income going toward the transplant related medical bills and things of that nature. I just feel like I'm slowly slipping into a depression because its getting very hard to do the one thing I love more than anything. I hoping I can trade in my Epiphone LP custom for a decent chunk off of something new but idk, Im just looking for any suggestions. Thank you all in advance.
You might want to try a headless guitar. Carvin/Kiesel, for example, makes a couple of variations, and the weight is usually between 5 and 6 lbs (compared to the 8.5 to 10 lbs of your Epi LP). In addition, you can request a slim neck profile. Instead of a 41" guitar, you usually save about 10" and will have a 31" overall length guitar, but with a full-size scale around 25.5" and 24 frets available.

Maybe look into playing a keyboard. I find that playing keys often gives me a lot of the same feelings guitar does. Not that they sound the same but you can still play along to jam tracks, you can till create and have fun. If I were to lose the ability to play guitar and still could do something, keys would be the way to go for me.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, a few pedals.
The headless idea isn't bad. For something that might be in your budget in that realm look at Steinberger. A semihollow might otherwise be a good idea.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I can think of more than a few lightweight guitars and modifications that can make a guitar lighter. And while I understand your plight, the clearer the picture on your budget, the more we can help you- some of the things I have in mind are pricey, rare, or both. That means they may be too expensive, or may not be an option for a "trade" in some locations.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!