I hate the new designs, they don't look metal at all and they're charging £1500 for a made in China guitar with a licensed floyd rose, if there were American made and had an original floyd rose the price would be reasonable.
I disagree, i think every year was a bad year...
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
not at all. the new owners have made an honest effort to give buyers a really well made guitar on the high end.  the new MK series has been very well reviewed. 

dude has it occured to you that perhaps BC Rich has wised up and is trying to appeal  to more than just metal heads?  BC Rich was a rock star brand in the 70s and owning one was a big deal. by the end of the 80s they were considered  to be only metal guitars. they also made a bunch of shitty guitars in the late 80s up until fairly recently (low end) which has damaged the brand name quite a bit. the widow headstock is considered a joke by many guitar players and they wouldn't be caught dead playing a guitar with one no matter how good. 

an American made BC Rich goes for 5 grand  here so 1500 seems pretty reasonable 
^ £1500 is a lot of money here... £1500 will still usually buy you a USA-made guitar here, though prices have been rising since the recession hit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ £1500 is a lot of money here... £1500 will still usually buy you a USA-made guitar here, though prices have been rising since the recession hit.

i understand that just saying that an actual US made BC Rich is 5 grand here so an import even at that price is still a deal. the new high end BC Rich's are nice guitars. i want the hardtail Mockingbird and really hope that perhaps next year they add the Bich and Eagle to the lineup. i currently have a 2006 Eagle that is a really great guitar. sadly they were only made that year. another neck thru Eagle that is similar to mine would be a welcome addition to my collection.  the MK9 Mockingbird is only $875 here in the states but that's to rich for me at the moment.  i'd love to be able to buy a vintage BC Rich from the 70s but those go for a small fortune  (damn wish i still had the early 80s Mockingbird that i owned back then.)  

i know you guys get screwed on prices and yeah $1500 is still a lot to me to. the MK 11 series goes for about $11-1200 here but seem to be worth it.  guitar prices have been rising quite a bit lately. the chinese are very capable of making high quality guitars so i cna't hold whre they ar made against them. my current BCR wa made in Korea and is very high quality. 
Can't say I'm a fan of the brand as a whole, so I don't know which were the good ones and which were the bad. But regardless, credit where credit is due: I think the Mockingbird design is a very nice aesthetic & ergonomic innovation, and will probably be in production for decades to come.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Was it in 2010 that they changed owners? I thought it was later. Whatever year that last year was, was a good year. The Korean guitars were great and the Chinese ones were pretty good, too. The new owners switched from World Musical to Cort, I believe. That's hardly an improvement. And previously BC Richs were a great deal feature-wise. It's too early too judge of course, the new owners so far have focused on low-end and higher-end leaving a huge mid-range gap.
Quote by monwobobbo
i understand that just saying that an actual US made BC Rich is 5 grand here so an import even at that price is still a deal. the new high end BC Rich's are nice guitars. i want the hardtail Mockingbird and really hope that perhaps next year they add the Bich and Eagle to the lineup. i currently have a 2006 Eagle that is a really great guitar. sadly they were only made that year. another neck thru Eagle that is similar to mine would be a welcome addition to my collection.  the MK9 Mockingbird is only $875 here in the states but that's to rich for me at the moment.  i'd love to be able to buy a vintage BC Rich from the 70s but those go for a small fortune  (damn wish i still had the early 80s Mockingbird that i owned back then.)  

i know you guys get screwed on prices and yeah $1500 is still a lot to me to. the MK 11 series goes for about $11-1200 here but seem to be worth it.  guitar prices have been rising quite a bit lately. the chinese are very capable of making high quality guitars so i cna't hold whre they ar made against them. my current BCR wa made in Korea and is very high quality. 

Yeah. I was just working on the basis of what else £1500 will get you here. That'll get you the cheapest USA-made Music Mans, for example.

That said I should probably check his working since I only have his word for it that the Chinese-made BC Riches actually cost £1500 here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?