Hey guys.

Bought a guitar about a year ago, haven't modified it or anything. It's still under guarantee but I don't want to post it and risk further damage if it's something simple to fix.

Was playing it last week no problems.
Now it's not working. Very faint sound if I strum hard. Yes I've checked the volume and toggle etc.
New 9v battery and cables amp etc and they all work with my other guitar.

I've noticed if I touch the outside of the jack input with the lead it works slightly.
Jack input is not loose and all soldering looks fine. I haven't dropped it or anything.
Could it be the ground wire?
Also the battery was hot as hell when I took it out.
Anyone have this problem before?

Cheers.

Make sure the bridge is grounded to the guitar. When the wire slips out that attaches to the bridge you get hum. Run a wire from the bridge to the pot that will fix it you can even do it on top of the guitar to hold you over till you have to change strings.
Quote by Zhaezzy
Make sure the bridge is grounded to the guitar. When the wire slips out that attaches to the bridge you get hum. Run a wire from the bridge to the pot that will fix it you can even do it on top of the guitar to hold you over till you have to change strings.

Active pickups don't need a bridge ground.

It is a good suggestion to check that nothing along the guitar's signal path is shorting to ground though.

The first things to go wrong on cheaper guitars electronically are switches followed by output jacks. The switch might've spread its own contacts apart, giving a poor connection. Take the switch apart and bend the contacts back into shape. If that doesn't work, buy a new switchcraft switch, they're expensive but you get what you pay for. I always replace the output jacks on guitars with Switchcraft ones even if there's nothing wrong with the stock jack. The switchcraft ones are the best quality and they're cheap.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee