Page 2 of 2
Oh man I haven't listened to Ben Frost in a while. Brilliant son of a bitch that one.

Impetigo, more Godflesh, Incantation and Danzig.

I don't think I could ever get bored with Horror of the Zombies.
Quote by severed-metal
breath of the Wild soundtrack.

Holy fuck I'm out of the loop.  I had no idea that came out already.
I've  been croaking the lyrical poetry of Boneyard in the car quite a lot this week. A deadly efficient use of each stanza, that song. 
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Holy fuck I'm out of the loop.  I had no idea that came out already.

It's such a fucking incredible game. I ever got into Zelda, but the creativity of the game and its 'explore shit yourself you dildo' atmosphere is beautiful.

Soundtrack is equally impressive. Suits the landscape over just general listening though. 
Boneyard sets the tone for that whole album impeccably. From the very first chord everything falls into place. 
Quote by severed-metal
It's such a fucking incredible game. I ever got into Zelda, but the creativity of the game and its 'explore shit yourself you dildo' atmosphere is beautiful.

Soundtrack is equally impressive. Suits the landscape over just general listening though. 

Itching to play it now, but I haven't even gotten around to buying/playing Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne yet. Backlog never ends.

Love this song and really dig this album. This song doesn't waste a moment and it's just cool lick after cool moment. The vocal pattern really does it for me.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Yeah I'm not into Skyclad otherwise. Killer lyrics on that album as well.

Last night I rounded things out with Caducity - Whirler Of Fate

Not much made like this. Sort of like early Aeternus but much more riffy and the fantasy is less Aries and more High Fantasy Swords and Sorcery with a lot of blood and talking crows of grave omens. The lyrics read like something Lord Byron would do in Bal-Sagoth but I find it more concise and the delivery is of course more death. I dig it for its straight forwardness and how much it believes in itself. Total nerd shit.

;t=17s
This one again.

And before bed I visited the sexy midnight torture show.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Today so far

I spun this supreme cult classick

Such conceptual mastery, fully realized in its flying high silver streaks and high tech sounds. Takes opulent Golden Era Sci Fi and applies a grittiness to it via warp 7 riffs and tales of struggles against man made futures.

"Still it feels like home-
Warp 7!
still I am a son
Warp 7!
But I can't return-
Warp 7!
though I'm the chosen one
Warp 7!
If I touched the ground-
Warp 7!
I'd lose all my might
Warp 7!
Better enter space-
Warp 7!
and dive into the sky!"

UGH! That Sci Fi harpy voice! Every single song is a banger with supreme enthusiasm. The speed feels right at home. Doesn't get much better than this. This era of classics won't be replicated anytime soon, this style ain't much seen around here anymore. Maybe it's best that way.

Savatage - Sirens

Classic.

Nasty Savage - Indulgence

"Deal the advisory message
This is the ritual of divination!"

A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Rigor Mortis and Nuclear Death today.

Seeing everything you guys have got me back into listening to a lot of these old sounds again.

Oh shit, also getting back into my favourite act of all time:

Death in June

Fucking perfect sound. Always was.
Death In June? Sev, you Nazi!

Love me some Death In June.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Made some kake udon and span these classics

Such a project. Such consistency, like my soup. Each individual riff feels crafted for that very moment and rarely, if ever, will you feel like you're hearing something familiar, a riff that's been in the collective pool of musicians consciousness and used before. Scorn Defeat was such a powerhouse when it came out and on Deathlike Silence no less. Slayer Mag had them in the best issue in my book.  Hard to release as much material as they have and get me to dig each one.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Speaking of nazis, how about this anti-semitic masterpiece?

Ok, I've never really dwelled into their lyrical content, but they sure know how to make some heavy metal influenced death metal, which some like to call melodeath.
Maybe. They might be truer to the form of melodic death metal than most, but their lyrical content mostly sticks to historic events, with some artistic freedom *cough*

One of the bands that have a message, most disagree with, but they know what they want.

Incorrigible bigotry.

Back to nazis, Douglas P is one of the most brilliant minds that has ever to come to neo folk if you want to call it that. Not a single bit of material from them I haven't meshed with in some way.

Some preferred listening obviously, Nada! and The Brown Book.

Only listened to this for the first time earlier this week. Might be even better than Consvming Impvlse! Shame it took me so long to give it a proper listen...

Followed it up with Testimony Of The Ancients. Seems to suffer a bit from the prog/wank syndrom that is so common among the more technically accomplished bands by the time the record their third album. Still a decent release, though.

Last edited by SpatenHTK at Mar 19, 2017,
been listening to this a lot considering I'm almost done tabbing it hahaha. Will have to check out some of the numbers posted here though for sure

Darkthrone, Arctic Thunder (as a beginner, it's fairly easy style to learn from), 
I also want to remix Plaguewielder since the guitar work is great but the mix absolutely blows goat.

Marduk, World Funeral (for tremolo practicing), dat speed!!

Obituary, Literally everything, the new album is very good, anyone know tuning for Turn to Stone? 

Witchery, Literally everything, IHIFMS is great disk! Also, Witchkrieg 'God who fell to earth' is catchy AF :-)

WODE,  Little known UK Black Metal band, extremely catch guitar work and good production, looking for these boys to explode!

Black Anvil, very good NYC Black Metal outfit, 'As was..', very solid work IMHO, very listenable!

Those are what 90% of my listening and practice times occupy, I'm just a beginner :-)
Last edited by jeffrey.binns at Mar 20, 2017,

Hell of an album.  Melodies and riffs fit for The Beast himself.

TURN YOUR BACK TO CHRISTIANITY

BELIEVERS OF GOD SHALL DIE
One of the greatest lead guitar performances in all of death metal Ironic Maiden . Reminds me of Miikka Tenkulas playing in Sentenced's early records. Both of them also died young by their own hand.
I enjoy that album quite a bunch still yeah, funky melodic/harmonic ideas only missing this small acoustic interlude and one riff near the end and the tab is done lol submitted one for Drowned in the Crossway Water cause it was the easiest one of the bunch lol

well I submitted it someone go vote it in lol
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 21, 2017,
There's been an outburst of quality mainstreamish death and black metal over recent years here in Finland. Sotahuuto did it before anyone else, Desecresy and Cult of Endtime followed their lead and now Goatmoon is stepping on the same platform.

Last edited by Ozzy87_2 at Mar 22, 2017,
Binged classic Helstar: Burning Star, Remnants of War, A Distant Thunder.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by SpatenHTK

Only listened to this for the first time earlier this week. Might be even better than Consvming Impvlse! Shame it took me so long to give it a proper listen...

Followed it up with Testimony Of The Ancients. Seems to suffer a bit from the prog/wank syndrom that is so common among the more technically accomplished bands by the time the record their third album. Still a decent release, though.

Honestly I might get some shit but I don't know why Consvming Impvlse gets praised to the stars... listening to the first track of Malleus you can already tell it kicked the shit out of Consvming lol
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Yesterday
Page 2 of 2