Page 3 of 3
rofl yeah I knew you guys were talking about Helstar but I can't remember what I was questioning. It was also neat to find accurate tabs for the whole album, I enjoying checking stuff out in depth that way. [Spheres.. and a few of their other albums]

Oh they are but I'm trying to think of a band in which they are used in a way that's more than atmosphere enhancement [like say Cenotaph's Gloomy Reflections.. which I was gonna say but..]
I think Coroner - R.I.P. would be a good one. 

That Mystifier album is awesome.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by Ozzy87_2
One of the greatest lead guitar performances in all of death metal.

By fucking far. That album tripped me out on first listen because for whatever reason I didn't expect it to be as remarkable as it is. 

Lately I've been using Powerslave's neat little guide for USPM. Power Metal is probably the only genre where I've only heard like one or two of the essential bands, which is a shame, so I decided to give it a fair shot. Queensryche was one of the first metal bands I ever heard and truly loved along with Iron Maiden, so I have no reason to just ignore Power Metal. 

Anyway, it's been Ample Destruction on repeat and Crimson Glory coming up next.

Fuck yeah
^ Crimson Glory is probably my favourite USPM band, and Jag Panzer are amazing too.

As for me, I finally managed to get "Hubris in Excelsis" by Scythian on CD this week. I have been listening to it a lot lately, Beyond the Dust is one of the best openers on an album I've ever heard. They have improved so much since their debut, and I'm already very impatient for the next one.^

Any love for the self-titled Motörhead album around here? I actually like it better than Overkill and Ace of Spades.

Quote by SpatenHTK
Any love for the self-titled Motörhead album around here? I actually like it better than Overkill and Ace of Spades.
The first Motörhead is often overlooked. It might be the different sound that pushes most of the metalheads away from this album. Definetely one of their stronger early records, maybe the greatest from that era, if you don't count the live albums in.

It's like Abominations of Desolation that gets a bad rep, because it doesn't feature the trademark sound of their later records.
True. There is definitely more metal in most other Motörhead records. Still good stuff, Keep us on the Road is my favourite Motörhead song.
I am probably going to get crucified for this, but I think Lemmy and the co. made their best records in the 00's. Inferno, Bad Magic and Motörizer are far more competent overall than the early LP's, although they do no feature straight up hits like Ace of Spades or Overkill.
I honestly haven't listened to any of their newer albums, most of their classic albums do have a high amount of filler, though.
Page 3 of 3