Hello. I do not know if I posted on the right section but can someone tell me what's the strumming pattern for this song ? I cant figure it out and it drives me insane. Sorry again.
Last edited by haralambie8888 at Feb 27, 2017,
Basically constantly strum 16ths, but put an accent only on certain 16ths. It's a typical 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 pattern.

1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a 4 e & a
d u d u d u d u d u d u d u d u - this is how your strumming hand should move
D     U d   D     U d   D   d u - this is what you should accent, CAPS = heavier accent
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Feb 27, 2017,
Sorry. I'm begginer. I understood that the pattern is UP/DOWN and so on, but what do you mean by "constatly strum 16ths". You mean the heavy accents ?
And in the music video seems that isnt going only up, down, up, down. And it sounds different. What do you mean that the pattern is 3+3+3+3+2+2 ?
Thanks you !
Do you understand what 16th notes are?

And yes, he is going down up down up all the time. Some of the strums are just lighter and he doesn't move his hand that much.

What do you mean that the pattern is 3+3+3+3+2+2 ?

It's in 4/4 time signature and the "3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2" refers to the grouping of the 16th notes. What this means is that the first note of each group gets an accent. Typically in 4/4 you would have four beats which would be subdivided into four groups of four 16th notes. But in this song you basically have "longer" and "shorter" beats (I would say three of them are the "main beats" that get a stronger accent and the others get a lighter accent).

Here's a demonstration:

1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a 4 e & a
X       X       X       X       - typical 4/4
X     x     X     x     X  (x)  - this song

CAPS = heavier accent
lowercase = lighter accent

(Actually, in this case 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 4 would probably be a more accurate way of describing the grouping of the 16th notes because the second last 16th hardly gets an accent.)

It's a common pattern and you can find it in many songs.

The accents in the beginning of the song (though it's in double tempo so it's the same thing but with 8th notes instead of 16th notes).

Same as the AC/DC song (8th notes, not 16th notes but it's the same rhythm). The rhythm can be found in the chorus (when he sings "I come round, round, I come...").

The intro. These are 16th notes.

Maybe not as clear as in the previous songs.

Probably not the best examples of this rhythm, but these were all I could think of at the moment.

If this all sounds like Hebrew, I would suggest learning about time signatures and note values. Those are pretty important things when trying to figure out strumming patterns.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Thank you so much. Sweet lesson. I'm still at stage 6 at justin's lessons, the beginner course. I still have a lot to learn till I reach the intermediate one. I knew it was a highly skilled song but I just wanted to know for the future.