I had two pedals that were both working about two weeks ago (a Boss HM2 and an Ibanez TS9) and today I tried using them today and they just wont worek or turn on. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Also where would I be able to go to try and fix them and how much do you think it will cost (can they fix them at guitar center or Sam ash or something or do I have to take them somewhere that specifically fixes pedals?)

Thanks in advance!
So how are they hooked up (amp, guitar) and powered (AC adapter, battery, isolated supply)?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
If you run them on batteries, probably replace the batteries.
If the input cable is left plugged into the pedal, that will drain the battery.
Quote by 8Len8
So how are they hooked up (amp, guitar) and powered (AC adapter, battery, isolated supply)?

Battery. I wanted to try using an AC adapter but I can't find mine right now. But either way I'd like to continue using batteries if I can

Quote by CodeMonk
If you run them on batteries, probably replace the batteries.
If the input cable is left plugged into the pedal, that will drain the battery.

I didn't know that just being plugged in drains the battery. But regardless, I changed the batteries and nothing happened.
It seems odd that 2 pedals would fail at once. Did you try different cables? Is there any sound going through when the pedals aren't engaged?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
It seems odd that 2 pedals would fail at once. Did you try different cables? Is there any sound going through when the pedals aren't engaged?

Well I have only 3 cables (not counting jumper cables)

Each one works fine when I plug straight into my amp. I've also tried the pedals by themselves and nothing happened
So I found an adapter and tried using it but still nada

Also I never really used adapters too much but I don't think they're supposed to get really hot... are they?
Last edited by Seamus O'shanty at Mar 8, 2017,
Quote by Seamus O'shanty
So I found an adapter and tried using it but still nada

Also I never really used adapters too much but I don't think they're supposed to get really hot... are they?

Are you using a properly rated adapter? Also are any of your cables not working? You say with them individually the pedals work but not together. That would seem to mean one of your patch cables is not happy.
Quote by Will Lane
Are you using a properly rated adapter? Also are any of your cables not working? You say with them individually the pedals work but not together. That would seem to mean one of your patch cables is not happy.

No no, the pedals wont even work individually, I meant that all the cables work when I go straight from amp to guitar.

Also I had found 3 adapters. only 2 of them fit and but I only used one

I'm sure at least 1 of my adapters came with my wah pedal if that helps
Maybe this is dumb, but have you tried turning on the pedals while they're plugged in? A lot of pedals don't turn on if nothing's plugged into the input.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
The batteries usually run down in a day or two, sometimes even when there are no cords plugged into them.....some pedals.  Then the adapter has to be the correct polarity or it will ruin the pedal most of the time.
Quote by Seamus O'shanty
No no, the pedals wont even work individually, I meant that all the cables work when I go straight from amp to guitar.

Also I had found 3 adapters. only 2 of them fit and but I only used one

I'm sure at least 1 of my adapters came with my wah pedal if that helps

Just to be clear, any adapter that "fits" may not be properly rated for your pedal. If one rating is off, you can end up destroying your pedal, adapter, or both. Read up here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688869

check your polarity
Yeesh I feel dumb now. If I've somehow fucked up my pedal even worse is it still fixable? Assuming I have someone who knows more than I do look at it?
What kinds of adaptors do you have? While it's possible you've broken everything with a wrong adaptor, the Ibanez 9-series and all modern Boss pedals adhere to the industry standard, so most adaptors will be of a type that works with them. If you're not sure about any of that, please take a photo of any technical information (i.e. labels with numbers for voltage, current, etc.) on the adaptor and show us. There's usually something like that either on the plug at either end or on a box somewhere along the length of the cable.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i