I'm thinking BOSS BD-2 Blue Driver pedal. I cannot think of other ones so give me some tips for it.

Thanks for your help.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
I've been eyeing the Wampler Clarksdale, but I just got a hotone mojo diamond and another Valve Jr head so maybe by April I'll grab one looks like it might be a really nice pedal. Wampler makes really good pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The Boss Blues Driver is one of the ones they aced. It's a go-to for classic rock & blues.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The Boss Blues Driver is one of the ones they aced. It's a go-to for classic rock & blues.

Will it work for Stray Cats too? Just curious.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
Reading the title, "What are some good pedals for rockabilly, old rock n roll and power ballad?", I'm inclined to recommend a delay pedal as well. I'm not sure what your current rig or price range is, so I can't really go further. The BOSS pedals will be fine. For Stray Cats, if you really want to get that Stray Cat Strut vibe, you'll need a tremolo or vibrato pedal. One of the best, and certainly cheapest on the market is the Danelectro Tuna Melt. You can regularly get this from $20 to $40 depending on your market and whether you buy used or new. If you don't have a lot of pedal experience and want to get your feet wet, you might try a multi-effects pedal like a BOSS GT-1 or Zoom G3. You can get the Zoom around $100. The BOSS GT-1 or ME 25 are more $$ at $199 new, but higher quality. That said, I know a band locally who has a single guitarist, plays every weekend, and the guitarist uses an Ibanez into the Zoom straight to the board all night. Just depends on you and what you're trying to dial.

With more information, we can give you better suggestions.
It should work for rockabilly,..depending on the rest of your rig.

What's your axe & amp setup?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

GoldJim

Brian Setter uses a tube screamer, Boss octave & Chorus, and a Roland Spece Echo. Boss' RE-20 does a nice job of simulating the Roland, for a lot less money. Easier to find, too.

Darrel Higham uses a Zoom G2 with Reverb & tremolo, plus a Danelectro Reel Echo.

Billy Zoom used a volume pedal and the occasional tape echo. It was "occasional", he said, because tape echos are high-maintenance, and thus, a pain.*. However, there are some new pedals like the Catalinbread Belle Epoch** that simulate the effects of tape echos without the upkeep issues,

So you can see that you don't need a super complex expensive pedalboard for rockabilly.

A couple of vids to help:

* this is a man who besides being a rocker is also an amp and pedal builder, so I'll take his word for it.

** I saw a picture of one of Eric Johnson's more recent touring rigs: he had 3 Belle Epochs on it

dannyalcatraz, yeah excellent info. Someone had already recommended a distortion, so I was only giving him the delay and trem. Without knowing what he has for gear, it's hard to say. Setzer uses a 50's model Gretsch with pickups that are cared for by TV Jones himself, so without the big, hollow body guitar with an original Bigsby and the old amps he uses, it's hard to suggest good emulation. The tone he has in Rock This Town is much different from say Stray Cat Strut. And then there's the different versions of the same songs, you know? The gear I would recommend would be different if he was using an Ibanez RG than a Les Paul than a Strat, you know? Does he have built in reverb in his amp? Does the OP have a trem bar? If not, the trem pedal becomes more important. We also don't know his budget.

edit: That's also why I recommended the multi-effects pedal. Some pedals do normal echo, but tape echo sucks, and others do better tape echo. With a multi-effect (like the guys in your attached videos), you can mix and match and find your sound. They're both using those big old hollow bodies as well.
Last edited by GoldJim at Feb 26, 2017,
Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport family of pedals are- as I recall- all designed with tape echo effects in mind. They range from the Jr to the Sr, with the plain one in between, so there's one for all budgets and knobhead levels.

Just looked at another guitarist, Poison Ivy of The Cramps.

Which amps and effects are you using in your live setup?
I use original blackface Fender Pro Reverb amps. I have two of them onstage – one is a backup. One’s a 2×12 and one is 1×15. I usually play through the 1×15. The Pro Reverb has built-in tremolo and reverb, but I use an outboard tremolo, too – a Fulltone tremolo pedal. I like the tremolo on my amp, but it doesn’t stay working for too long on the road, so I usually end up using the pedal. I also use a Univox Super Fuzz pedal and a Maxon delay for slapback.

And sounds like this:

So yeah, simplicity is a virtue in rockabilly and its descendants.

Another drive pedal to check out is the Keeley Katana Blues. It's in the same tonal neighborhood as the Boss Blues Driver, without being a clone.

Any guitar, small 20w tube amp, analog delay, magic fingers. I don't think you really need an OD pedal unless you use too much amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Any guitar, small 20w tube amp, analog delay, magic fingers. I don't think you really need an OD pedal unless you use too much amp.

I'm not trying to be rude but didn't you see my signature? I think playing rockabilly is fine on my Orange head map and a Kustom cabinet but yeah, I need a pedal that change the sound for that genre. Also, I don't use "magic fingers" to play on guitars.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
Quote by dannyalcatraz
It should work for rockabilly,..depending on the rest of your rig.

What's your axe & amp setup?

Seeing the last post from Hal-Sephira, I'll have to guess that his signature is up to date. Looking at the gear, the Orange head doesn't have a built in reverb and he's using a Custom 4x12 cab. A Dean flying V and an Les Paul with Burstbuckers. There's no mention of existing pedals, but I'd have to say that the LP is the better of the two guitars for this style of music. Brian uses the Fender Bassman and he uses some very rare and specific gear, including his tubes and guitars. Thus the reasoning for more generic recommendations versus specific gear that Brian might use.

As I said, you want an airy sound. Echo/Delay and reverb. You're looking for what is known as "slap back delay". It's a short, punchy echo that comes right back at you, simulating the sound of the way they mic'd bands back in the '50's. The distortion those guys are getting is from pushing the amps, so any OD or maybe a TS clone. I don't even know as I would worry that much about distortion, because the sound they were getting was a jangly, very clean tone and any distortion was how they were pushing the tubes in the amps from volume. Those TV Jones Filtron pickups have a snarl that's not Gibson and not Fender, they have a bite all their own.

My guess is that the brightness of 'tron style pickups is a big part of their unique bite & snarl.