I love how my amp sounds other that I want to try and get a little more low end out of it.

Hoping I don't get a million options and arguments lol but what speaker and tubes are most common to achieve this????

Next question, can you realy gig with it, drummer won't drown you out? If mic on it how's it do live?
I had a delta blues. The 1x15 was thunderous. Not sure if you have the cab space for a 15. Try an mxr eq. Might help. My delta blues had no trouble against a drummer.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
An EQ pedal in the loop definitely helps the low end greatly -- it helps more than anything else, including speaker options. Do you have the combo version or the head version? I have the head version. I use an MXR 10-band with mine, and I set the 125hz slider to +6db. I also take the highest slider, 16khz, and run it at -6db, which cuts all the nasty/fizzy high-end out and leaves the "sweeter" high end intact.

As for tubes, I'm still experimenting there. It's kind of tough to get the perfect balance of tubes that benefits the cleans AND the overdrive tones. V1 feeds both channels, but V2 only affects the overdrive channel. The crux that I've faced is that what sounds good in V1 for cleans is a brighter tube like a Tung Sol 12AX7, but then it makes the overdrive channel a bit too bright. But if I put a darker tube in V1 like a JJ 12ax7, it sounds warmer/bassier on the OD channel but dull and muffled on the cleans -- without some major tweaking of the EQ section, that is. I still haven't found a magic combination that allows me to switch channels and enjoy both tones without having to walk up and adjust the EQ.

For gigging, heck yeah it can get loud enough. I've played mine un-mic'd in front of a crowd of upwards of 800 people and they heard me just fine -- through a 1 X 12 cab with a crappy Sheffield speaker. At home I play through a 4 X 12 loaded with Eminence Governors and Swamp Thangs and that obviously sounds better...and louder yet.
KailM gives you solid advice. What does your signal chain look like? You've got a lot of gear listed, but there's no way to tell if you're using it all or part of it for this rig. As mentioned, the amp is plenty loud enough.

KailM, 800 people through a single 12" speaker? Was this an indoor club? Were you mic'd? Do you play lead or rhythm. I'm sure that you were loud enough, but that thing must have been farting like grandma after Taco Bell! Props!

Edited to add, most tube amps, even 15 watts, will have no problem with the drummer. It's the sound in the mix that gets lost. You can sound awesome at home and like crap in the mix of a bassist and another guitarist. The EQ will help you with that.
Last edited by GoldJim at Feb 26, 2017,
For that gig (or exhibition really, I just played one song and then some noodling), I just had my Classic 30 head, my 1 X 12 cab made from the bottom half of my 6505+ 112, and plugged into the amp, no pedals, no nothing. Had the post gain turned up to about 4.5. And yes, an indoor auditorium, where my cab was probably projecting somewhere to the middle of the crowd. I just played a simple chord progression (embarrassing to admit, but I was playing "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz), accompanied by some of my students. Then, at the end, I just played some bluesy noodling that people seemed to be very impressed with. I didn't feel the need to break out any black metal or Slayer riffs, since it was a Christmas concert.

At home and recording, I've got a much more elaborate pedalboard with lots of reverbs, delays, EQ, OD, etc.
Quote by KailM
For that gig (or exhibition really, I just played one song and then some noodling), I just had my Classic 30 head, my 1 X 12 cab made from the bottom half of my 6505+ 112, and plugged into the amp, no pedals, no nothing. Had the post gain turned up to about 4.5. And yes, an indoor auditorium, where my cab was probably projecting somewhere to the middle of the crowd. I just played a simple chord progression (embarrassing to admit, but I was playing "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz), accompanied by some of my students. Then, at the end, I just played some bluesy noodling that people seemed to be very impressed with. I didn't feel the need to break out any black metal or Slayer riffs, since it was a Christmas concert.

At home and recording, I've got a much more elaborate pedalboard with lots of reverbs, delays, EQ, OD, etc.

Well this is the combo, I know I can plug in another cab to it, wonder what would be a good little add on for another cab without losing power????

Also, now I'm a little bit concerned taking advice from you........let me explain, I'm 41, have played every kind of music since 14 years old, I'm certainly no guitar master but I'm Great on rhythm not much of a lead player for sure. anyways. A lot of ppl have given me gear advice through the years. not once in all those years, not even one time, has anyone admitted to playing my most hated song ever in front of 800 ppl on purpose and especially on a public forum lmao I will never look at you the same again!!!!!!!
Quote by SUDJIAN
Well this is the combo, I know I can plug in another cab to it, wonder what would be a good little add on for another cab without losing power????

Also, now I'm a little bit concerned taking advice from you........let me explain, I'm 41, have played every kind of music since 14 years old, I'm certainly no guitar master but I'm Great on rhythm not much of a lead player for sure. anyways. A lot of ppl have given me gear advice through the years. not once in all those years, not even one time, has anyone admitted to playing my most hated song ever in front of 800 ppl on purpose and especially on a public forum lmao I will never look at you the same again!!!!!!!

For the record, I hate that song too. But...I am an almost 40 year-old school teacher and I was requested to play it at our annual Christmas concert this year. Sometimes I have to do things in the name of pleasing the community. I would have played At the Gates' "Slaughter of the Soul" but something tells me that wouldn't have been as well received.... It's amazing how easy it is to play pop songs -- and amazing how easy it is to impress non-guitarists with simple drivel. I have played metal for the general public before, even played 220+ bpm technical thrash/death metal, but no one even understands that. They'd rather hear familiar three-chord power-chord progressions at 80 bpm.

Here's what I play and write for pleasure:
https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/pestilential-flood
https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/ur-avgrunden-han-stiger-v-20
https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/6505a

I hope that redeems me somehow...

As for your Classic 30, I'd recommend just putting an efficient and middy speaker like an Eminence Governor or Celestion Vintage 30 in it. Those are insanely loud speakers per watt fed them, and the mids will ensure you cut through a mix with ease. I prefer the Governor over a Vintage 30, as it has a slightly more tamed mid-spike and a bit more low-end.
Quote by KailM
For the record, I hate that song too. But...I am an almost 40 year-old school teacher and I was requested to play it at our annual Christmas concert this year. Sometimes I have to do things in the name of pleasing the community. I would have played At the Gates' "Slaughter of the Soul" but something tells me that wouldn't have been as well received.... It's amazing how easy it is to play pop songs -- and amazing how easy it is to impress non-guitarists with simple drivel. I have played metal for the general public before, even played 220+ bpm technical thrash/death metal, but no one even understands that. They'd rather hear familiar three-chord power-chord progressions at 80 bpm.

Here's what I play and write for pleasure:
https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/pestilential-flood
https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/ur-avgrunden-han-stiger-v-20
https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/6505a

I hope that redeems me somehow...

As for your Classic 30, I'd recommend just putting an efficient and middy speaker like an Eminence Governor or Celestion Vintage 30 in it. Those are insanely loud speakers per watt fed them, and the mids will ensure you cut through a mix with ease. I prefer the Governor over a Vintage 30, as it has a slightly more tamed mid-spike and a bit more low-end.

Your all good man u know im messin. I remember when ppl were comparing kravits to hendrix. I wanted gravity to vanish so i would float up through the atmosphere and burn up lol.
Quote by KailM
...(embarrassing to admit, but I was playing "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz),

Very cool. A friend of mine was Lenny's touring bassist. In the studio, Lenny didn't have a bassist, but Jack was his 'on call' for guest appearances (e.g. The Tonight Show) and of course his concert dates. Nothing wrong with Fly Away.

Very nice, BTW. I play with a guy who has as 1x12" combo, and that things is excellent. I would recommend it for gigging for sure.
Played it again tonight and thought, maybe I could just get another 12 to go with it.....
stick a v30 in there and you will be happy. Peavey isn't exactly known for making good sounding speakers. a good speaker will wake it up quite a bit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
stick a v30 in there and you will be happy. Peavey isn't exactly known for making good sounding speakers. a good speaker will wake it up quite a bit.

+1
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Well I'm just thinking to fill the room a little more than just one speaker. Is that dumb........I know what your saying too though of course..