I have three Electric guitars consisting of a Jackson KV2 King V, Ibanez RG652FX and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro, however I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar and I need it urgently (don't ask why) and my budget is £300, my local guitar shop stocks only Tanglewood acoustic guitars and I'm wondering if they're any good, I'd like to buy a guitar from him for once as he's a lovely gentleman and he deserves my money as his shop isn't doing to well these days and I believe in supporting local businesses.
I don't have a lot of money to spend on the top range guitars that I want (the likes or Martin etc) so I got myself a Tanglewood TPE SFCE DS in 2015. It's an electro acoustic with solid Englemann Spruce top and mahogany laminate back and sides. Personally I really like this guitar, it's got a nice bright tone and is made with materials above it's pay bracket (except the laminate back and sides). Tanglewood do some quite poor guitars in my experience, my local store stocks them as their major brand as well, but this one is great and just within your price range...ish. RRP is £499 i think but you can get them for around £300, I got mine in a half price sale fortunately!

I would say though in the £300 price range you might want to look at Yamaha as well if your guy happens to have any.
Quote by Bukakebloke
. . .my local guitar shop stocks only Tanglewood acoustic guitars and I'm wondering if they're any good . .

Yes, they are very good.
Never played a Tanglewood, but I'm inclined to say they are terrible, just to be "cool" and "anti". Just for the awesomeness of bucking the trend, despite all the evidence to the contraire and a position of abject ignorance.

You are welcome.