I have the standard Dunlop Cerybaby Wah pedal (GCB95), and it won't sweep. When I turn it on, it always is in the "toe up" position (bassy). I've heard that this is a problem with bad grounding on the pot, but I've tried de soldering and resoldering and it hasn't done anything. Any suggestions?
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
Try ohming out the pot as you sweep it.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I don't have an ohmmeter…
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

To tell you the truth, there's not much that can be done without electronic debug knowledge and equipment.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I have the knowledge, but I don't have the equipment. I might have to buy one, or borrow one from my cousin, he's an electrical engineering major.

Buy a DMM if you have the knowledge how to use it, it is useful to troubleshoot issues like this as they come up. If the pot is dead, replace it and wire the pedal for true bypass while you are at it (the -95's bypass is awful). Also make sure the gear-piece on the treadle is actually making contact with the pot. If that sounds like too much work, trash it and get a GCB-95F, Crybaby Mini, or a Modtone Vintage Wah (all with true bypass).
Is true bypass really that much better? I mean, I have a spare switch.

Quote by gogiregion

Compared to what's in a stock Crybaby? Yeah, it really is that much better.

I wish Dunlop stopped making the Crybaby with such a tone sucking buffer.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by gogiregion
I don't have an ohmmeter…

I would highly recommend getting one. it will pay for itself ten fold in a few years.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gogiregion
Buffered bypassing is not necessarily bad compared to true bypassing- in fact, it can be better in some ways. It is just that the buffered bypass of the GCB-95 is awful. You need a 3PDT switch to mod the GCB-95 to true bypass.

Try this: Put just the wah in your chain and go directly to the amp. Keep the wah off. Then play a few chords, strum a bit, etc. Then quickly bypass the wah and go directly into the amp. If you hear the difference, then you have convinced yourself the bypassing of the GCB-95 is garbage. If you do not hear the difference, then do not worry about it.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 27, 2017,
Okay. I'm currently saving up for a new guitar, and don't desperately need a wah so it could be a while, but i do have a spare 3PDT, so I could add an LED too.