So I' ve got a Schecter with a floyd (basswood body, rosewood fingerboard) and I' m kinda sold on the Full Shred for the neck position. Originally, I meant to save up for an Omega for bridge position, but it' s way outta my budget. I' m now thinking of something like a JB or a Custom... maybe even custom/59 instead of an Omega to go along with an FS neck. FS bridge isn' t a dead option since it' s articulation is awesome, but I' ve heard it sounds thin and lifeless compared to some of these. I play pretty much everything, mostly metal-like chord proggressions mainly followed by pentatonic or minor/melodic minor lead stuff which i wouldn' t really consider to be awfully shreddy. However, it' s ALWAYS in standard E (ok, maybe I occasionally drop the low E to D if my trem happens to blocked off) so I don' t really need a beast. (I' m actually having an Invader in the bridge position getting swapped for that reason)

Is there something you' d recommend? Maybe a set not even including an FS at the neck? Just keep in mind that i' m looking for pickups that are in the cheaper line of SD products.

Cheers!
What is your actual budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz it' s about 200$ I' m living in Croatia so I' d have to go an extra mile to get a hold of some less-known pickups, but share them as well, finding them shouldn' t be that much of a problem...
Quote by fila.com3
So I' ve got a Schecter with a floyd (basswood body, rosewood fingerboard) and I' m kinda sold on the Full Shred for the neck position. Originally, I meant to save up for an Omega for bridge position, but it' s way outta my budget. I' m now thinking of something like a JB or a Custom... maybe even custom/59 instead of an Omega to go along with an FS neck. FS bridge isn' t a dead option since it' s articulation is awesome, but I' ve heard it sounds thin and lifeless compared to some of these. I play pretty much everything, mostly metal-like chord proggressions mainly followed by pentatonic or minor/melodic minor lead stuff which i wouldn' t really consider to be awfully shreddy. However, it' s ALWAYS in standard E (ok, maybe I occasionally drop the low E to D if my trem happens to blocked off) so I don' t really need a beast. (I' m actually having an Invader in the bridge position getting swapped for that reason)

Is there something you' d recommend? Maybe a set not even including an FS at the neck? Just keep in mind that i' m looking for pickups that are in the cheaper line of SD products.

Cheers!

I would think the 59/Custom Hybrid is really the one that will go well. It straddles the vintage/modern line really well, and is good at many different things.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Mincer  What do you think about a liquifire+full shred set... I' ve heard that the liquifire is like the FS, only better lol... I' m looking to pair it up with a bridge pu from the duncan family. 
Actually, I have never tried them together, but I can't imagine that combo would be bad. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
I thought the same... Since people say that LF is "Full shred without it' s cons" i think i' ll give it a shot.