I am struggling with this. So many of you are way more knowledgeable than I am. I am looking for a 1-12 cabinet. Peavey makes one with a Greenback for this head but I want to make sure there might not be a better option in regards to what speaker pairs well with this head. Thanks in advance.

GM
Anything with a Vintage 30 in it is a good, safe option with those sorts of amps.

Don't necessarily buy a cabinet that a manufacturer says is 'matched' to a particular amp. It's a meaningless marketing term, there's absolutely nothing special about those cabinets which makes them matched for a particular amp except for the badge on the front and the colour of the vinyl. You'll get a lot more bang for the buck if you look into other brands.

I'd steer towards getting a 212 over a 112 whenever possible. The 112's sound significantly smaller and boxier than 212's which doesn't lend itself well to the high gain metal tones that the people who tend to buy 6505's want.

If you live in Europe, then Thomann's in-house brand, Harley Benton does a decently constructed closed back 212 with V30's in it and the value for money is unbeatable. The entire cabinet doesn't cost any more than if you just bought 2 V30 speakers separately, so you're pretty much getting the enclosure the speakers come in for free!

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

If you live in the US, then look into Avatar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Also wouldn't hurt to check your local used market.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
The Greenback loaded cab is because Eddie Van Halen uses green back speakers - or I think perhaps the Heritage which is a somewhat hotrodded greenback - in his cabs. You probably know this but the 6505 is a re-branded 5150 and the 5150 was designed with Van Halen so the "matching" cab is set up with a greenback. If you want his tones or rock type music you might really like the greenback, if you are wanting the head for metal tones than a cab with a Celestion V30, G12T-75 or GK-100 would work, or an Eminence Governor, Man-o-War or Swamp Thang would suite nicely.
You guys have been a great help. That broadens my perspective for sure. I will keep you posted on what I come up with. Thanks again for the great information.

GM
My local uses market has a lot of 4-12 cabs. One store here locally said he would let most of those go at 200$. Might check those out.
5150 cabs didn't have Greenbacks they had Sheffield speakers, which are higher wattage copies loosely based on Greenbacks. I've used a cab with actual greenbacks and it was a very different beast(I used to own a 5150 4x12 cab). I can't remember the construction material (MDF?) but those 5150 cabs were heavy as hell to carry, that's why I sold it and went back to using my Marshall cab (G12T-75 speakers)

V30's are a good bet, they sound great and are the easiest to resell because they are so popular.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
I just buy the cheapest one I can find used and replace the speaker.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
I just buy the cheapest one I can find used and replace the speaker.

Recipe for disaster, as these are usually with inferior build and design tone qualities. I've suffered this in my early newb stages, even had to stuff moving blankets to "tune" cheapie cabs.
The 5150 mkIII cabs actually pair wonderfully with the 6505mh, that's what I tested at GC.
Well damn I didn't mean that cheap lol.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Bigbazz
5150 cabs didn't have Greenbacks they had Sheffield speakers, which are higher wattage copies loosely based on Greenbacks.

I should have been clearer, I wasn't meaning to imply that the Peavey 5150 cans came with Greenbacks but that those were the speakers of choice for Eddie himself to get his tone.