Tell me
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

They need to stop with the GODDAMN FILM REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free Ali
taylor swift adele is trash

Bunch of fucks patting other fucks on the back while ignoring most of the animation industry who can't be bothered to rub shoulders with the fucks in the circle jerk.

I don't like movies, but I know cashing the check I got from an oscar role would be worth a hell of a lot more to me than my oscar.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 26, 2017,
That OG Simpson joke made me LOL
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

The Oscars are the Grammys of film

And by that I'm not referring to the fact that they're both major awards ceremonies.

I'm referring to the fact that they're both hideous trainwrecks where a bunch of stuck-up prigs give awards to the politically correct stuff they liked best and usually the only time they recognize artists who actually deserve awards is when those artists die and get a posthumous award becausr that's the nice thing to do.
I don't watch the Oscars; I guess I am kind of interested in knowing what's nominated/wins, 'cuz in a world where there's too much media to possibly consume, that helps me narrow it down to some things to maybe see; but even then I am suspicious of institutions & committed to being outside the zeitgeist. After all, the Sex Pistols never won an award. (Counterpoint: Dylan won the Nobel Prize.) I guess in the end, men gotta go their own way.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I don't watch the Oscars; I guess I am kind of interested in knowing what's nominated/wins, 'cuz in a world where there's too much media to possibly consume, that helps me narrow it down to some things to maybe see; but even then I am suspicious of institutions & committed to being outside the zeitgeist. After all, the Sex Pistols never won an award. (Counterpoint: Dylan won the Nobel Prize.) I guess in the end, men gotta go their own way.

I don't really get hyped for mainstream stuff either, I watch a lot of independent films. That being said, go watch Arrival. It was nominated in like every category and it's really thought provoking. La la land won a lot, and it deserves every award imo, one of the best film scores and directing in recent years.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Oscars are a bunch of fucking faggots who always ignore science fiction movies from winning Best Picture Oscar. Science Fiction, as a genre, getting nominated for Best Picture 10+ times without a single win is quite motherfucking bullshit.

Just give a science fiction movie an Best Picture Oscar ALREADY!!!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by Spinnerweb
The Oscars are the Grammys of film

And by that I'm not referring to the fact that they're both major awards ceremonies.

I'm referring to the fact that they're both hideous trainwrecks where a bunch of stuck-up prigs give awards to the politically correct stuff they liked best and usually the only time they recognize artists who actually deserve awards is when those artists die and get a posthumous award becausr that's the nice thing to do.
if the Oscars were the Grammys then Transformers and Marvel movies would win every year
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Never watched or payed any attention to the oscars and don't plan to.

same

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
I honestly didn't have one before this guy came along.

Quote by Hal-Sephira
Oscars are a bunch of fucking faggots who always ignore science fiction movies from winning Best Picture Oscar. Science Fiction, as a genre, getting nominated for Best Picture 10+ times without a single win is quite motherfucking bullshit.

Now it's just funny how much it bothers him (and a few others ITT, apparently) lmao.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Hal-Sephira

La mierda es lo que importa?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
The Oscars? A bunch of egotistical jackasses get together every year and give a big award to whichever one of them gets the (1) sympathy vote 2) trendy vote or 3) "expert" nod for the year. It's telling that "Titanic" won the most in history, 14 Oscars, and it's an utter piece of derivative, phony, shit. I bet most of you tasteless motherfuckers think it was the best movie, ever. In that case, I beseech you on the behalf of the human race.... please remove your chromosomes from the gene pool before procreating.

Thanks, in advance.
people should stop treating it like the king of award ceremonies, need to remember the voting is done by a certain demographic. which will mean that predictable/pandering crap will usually win but since it's people from the industry rather than the mass public voting, it's not usually won by the really popular/blockbuster movies (whose quality is variable). on the other side, films that critics love tend to get ignored in comparison to other award shows where the critics/judges/committees have a bigger say.

just take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

on this year's note, I'm happy for la la land, because I like the director and it was a nice film. seems to be 50/50 whether I love or hate the big oscar winners. I usually agree with the big winners in the baftas the most.

edit: lol actually just looked up the awards, la la land didn't win best picture lmao. now I'm kinda wondering if moonlight only got it because of all the drama previously about oscars not representing black people.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
people should stop treating it like the king of award ceremonies

People need to stop taking it seriously, lol for real. We all make fun of Hal-Sephira for caring about award shows and look how salty some users are about them.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Feb 27, 2017,
Award ceremonies in general are pointless and I never pay attention to them
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Award ceremonies in general are pointless and I never pay attention to them

Some awards are actually merited though, oddly. The Oscar or Grammy aren't among the merited ones
Quote by WCPhils
if the Oscars were the Grammys then Transformers and Marvel movies would win every year

It's kinda unfair though that these films are outta Oscar reach. People place way too much stock on the idea that "independent" movies are any less capable of dysfunction than large studio tentpoles.

I'm of the mind that Michael Bay movies should be winning just to spite the arthouse and edgy "It's all one remake!" crowd.
Would anyone even be talking about the Oscars without that obviously planned mix-up

How else could an annual circlejerk for a dying industry dominate the morning news
Quote by smb
Would anyone even be talking about the Oscars without that obviously planned mix-up

How else could an annual circlejerk for a dying industry dominate the morning news

I forgot it was on yesterday and only remembered when I saw this thread.

I only read/watch news stuff like once a week right now though. (mostly because I don't want to see trumps face all the fucking time)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
don't give a copulate
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.