So we have a radio at work and it's always on the crappy stations. It's either a classic rock station (which would be ok except they play the same songs every day) and a few new/pop music stations (which also play the same songs every day, several times within the day). I understand that my workmates all have varying tastes (no matter how much i judge them for it) and so I tend to leave the radio as it is. However it sometimes gets to a certain point and I can't take it anymore so I change to another station... and 5 minutes later it's back on the first station. I tried turning the radio off or down but it gets turned on/up again. It's kinda weird but I find it really draining, I get so sick of it always playing and there's no escape and even when I'm out of work I still hear those songs in my head.

I don't think it's that much to ask for just a little break, I'm also aware that I'm one person out of ~10 who probably actually can hear/care about the music being played. I tried some earplugs today which was great but i could still hear it faintly. I could wear earphones and listen to my own stuff but apparently it's against company policy, so that would only work until someone tells me to stop. I could talk to my workmates but... I think it would go down badly, and I don't want the cleaner's wrath forever upon me (I would rather avoid (other) bitchy people).

TL;DR: I am annoyed by the radio station of choice at work and I seek to destroy it

What do I do??
cut the plug off when no one is looking
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by mind_meld
It did cross my mind

and you didn't act...we don't allow those to live...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Bitch, you can't preemptively quote something I've already quoted...just keep in touch with this boy later.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
"yo homie, let's switch off. I get the first shift and you get to shut the fuck up"

is what I would say

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
This is why I enjoy working three days a week by myself, I control what I want on the radio.

My desk back at the busier office however, is subject to the same dilemma as TS, so I compromise and just slowly turn the radio down a tiny fraction when I walk past when no one's looking.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
My work plays like 30 shitty country songs on a loop all day every day. I know your pain.
I found myself in a similar situation when I was an internat some place. It's weird, but what worked for me was to actually enjoy one song I heard (not my genre of choice at all) and hope it gets played next. Eventually I found myself able to tune out of every song on until just that one got played.

You could just go up to them and be like "I'll pay you $20 to turn this thing off". But if you want to be sinister about it I guess you could hide / steal / break the radio.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 27, 2017,
Quote by Rebel Scum
Become the manager. Then its whatever station you want it to be.

Even the manager has less say than this cleaner :/
Quote by mind_meld

TL;DR: I am annoyed by the radio station of choice at work and I seek to destroy it

What do I do??

Set up a work Spotify playlist and allow everyone to have 10 songs or whatever on it and allow people to change a song out once a week and then use that playlist on shuffle

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
cut the plug off when no one is looking

This is also how the NHS manages its availability of hospital beds.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
keep the suggestions coming guys thanks

leaning towards snipelftritz's idea (na just joking)

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Set up a work Spotify playlist and allow everyone to have 10 songs or whatever on it and allow people to change a song out once a week and then use that playlist on shuffle

Something like this would be good. It used to be each day we'd put it on a different station, and that kept most of us happy. Then those people left and new people came and screwed the system up
Quote by OddOneOut
Earplugs?

Quote by mind_meld
I tried some earplugs today which was great but i could still hear it faintly.
Noise cancelling headphones

What do you do for work anyway? Are you able to just put your own music on headphones to block it out?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by kalypto
what?
I thought maybe you deleted your post.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
kalypto
my bad i swear i saw you post something... but maybe i'm just hallucinating or read some other post? See, the crappy music is messing with my brain

Quote by i_lovemetallica
Noise cancelling headphones

What do you do for work anyway? Are you able to just put your own music on headphones to block it out?

It's a chem lab, and we're not meant to wear earphones because of safety and so we can't somehow sue the company. So yeah chemical residue on gloves or if someone is on fire and screaming
poor some acid in the air vent on the radio....................work till they get a new one
Wise man once said, " If you ever get lost in the woods, just start jacking off someone will see you."
mind_meldfair enough. Although given the situation if you can't get back to a compromise where the radio changes every day then just having something that doesn't make it so loud will be the best you can get.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

you could accidently pour acid on it or just remove the fuse if you want to be subtle about it
If you have time to worry about ambient music, then it's not much of a job, get a new one.

For me personally, smells... sounds... people... all fade away when I'm working and focused.
Is there somebody who whistles really shitly over it non-stop?

That would just top it off.
Quote by whoomit
Is there somebody who whistles really shitly over it non-stop?

That would just top it off.

YES!! and usually with a bit of a delay
Quote by 33db
If you have time to worry about ambient music, then it's not much of a job, get a new one.

For me personally, smells... sounds... people... all fade away when I'm working and focused.

yeah... no. its a fairly noisy environment when it's busy so the radio gets turned up louder. then when its quiet, its all you can hear. I feel like I get a bit of sensory overload and it's especially annoying when i'm busy and trying to focus. Some things I can zone out to, but those really high pitched annoying synths and auto tune voices kinda screech through everything

Radio wasn't too bad today, they must all sense my increasing rage
why the hell is public radio even allowed? extremely poor office etiquette.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by mind_meld

Radio wasn't too bad today, they must all sense my increasing rage

I guess we will be seeing you in the news soon.
Sneakily keep changing it to a less desirable station. Make them hate it as you do till they decide to shut it down completely.