Hey guys,
My home recoding set up appears to be going wrong, an issue has developed and i have no idea what is, whats caused it or how to get rid of it!! Only started happening yesterday, been fine for months until now.

Basically the audio playback keeps cutting out, weather im just listening or recording. it only stops for a second or so but it happens every couple bars, the timer on the DAW keeps going as normal so i dont think the whole system is glitching out, just the audio. I have reinstalled the drivers for my foscusrite, reinstalled studio one and even just used playback with windows audio to check if it is actually the soundcard and it still happens. Im out of ideas as im not too savvy to im hoping someone can shed some light for me!!

Thanks in advance
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
It may depend on how many VST's you are using simultaneously. When I installed a new version of my DAW I stressed it to see how much I could run at one time before my computer stuttered, and threw up. I found I needed more ram so I maxed out my ram and ran the same test again. Problem solved. Your processor may also not be fast enough depending on how big a project you are working on. Just a thought.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Feb 27, 2017,
Might want to look at Windows updates, something in the last few days might've done your installation in.

Look into the updates and see if something happened right before that issue started coming up.

https://www.howtogeek.com/206271/how-to-roll-back-or-uninstall-a-problematic-windows-update/

Also might want ot look up "System Restore" and go back to last restore point and see if that could be the culprit.

Other ideas - look at your manual and go through setup for that program again. Maybe try not to load too many other things. Increase latency and see if problem is still there.