View poll results: Opinion on the Guitar
Good
5 100%
Average
0 0%
Shit
0 0%
Voters: 5.
I haven't played one, but every review I've seen says it's one of the best instruments on the market at that price range. In general, I've been very impressed with low-end and midrange Epis.
Death to Ovation haters!
Like the ragged prophet come from the wilderness with the word, but the only word he had was "bukake".

To paraphrase Kerouac.

On the topic of the thread, I bought a Masterbilt DR-500MCE (https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/EMECNANH3/electro-acoustic-guitars/epiphone-masterbilt-dr-500mce-electro-acoustic-guitar-in-natural) a couple of years ago... it played well, and looked beautfiul for the most part, except...

the split-diamond inlays, when you look down at the fretboard as you're playing, looked exactly like swaztikas. I couldnt get past this, so sent it back.

EDIT: Also, 'Masterbilt', if you say it quickly, sounds like 'masturbate'. That, with the swaztika thing, swayed me on the wisdom of my purchase.

A guitar for Nazi wankers.
Last edited by kjt1981 at Feb 28, 2017,
kjt1981  wat. I cannot imagine how you thought that.

Show me pics.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Tony Done
T00DEEPBLUE
I wondering what you want pics of. His edit leads to ambiguity.

How the inlays on his Epiphone looked like swastikas.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Havn't got any pics. I ordered the guitar from thomanns and disliked the inlays immediately, as soon as I opened the box. When the guitar was on my lap I felt like I was looking down at little lines of swaztikas. Ugly little things.
Quote by kjt1981
Havn't got any pics. I ordered the guitar from thomanns and disliked the inlays immediately, as soon as I opened the box. When the guitar was on my lap I felt like I was looking down at little lines of swaztikas. Ugly little things.

I suppose if you squint, they very vaguely resemble swastikas, but you have to use an awful lot of your imagination to think that's what they actually look like.

It's a bit like saying you can see human faces on planet Mars. When in reality it's just a random assortment of rocks and craters that your imagination is filling in the blanks on in such a way that it resembles a face. Because human faces are what the human brain naturally wants to see.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
At first I just didnt like the inlays, then the swaztika thing occurred to me. I don't think there was any kind of rorschach-style subliminal projection going on. It was just something that occurred to me, and then I couldn't shift it from my head...

I also thought the scratchplate looked a bit like hookers being murdered.

Wierd.
Quote by kjt1981
At first I just didnt like the inlays, then the swaztika thing occurred to me. I don't think there was any kind of rorschach-style subliminal projection going on. It was just something that occurred to me, and then I couldn't shift it from my head...

...I also thought the scratchplate looked a bit like hookers being murdered.

Wierd.
Well, the Epiphone in question has simple dot inlays. So how is this lengthy load of crap even close to being on topic?

Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 28, 2017,
Quote by Captaincranky
Well, the Epiphone in question has simple dot inlays. So how is this lengthy load of crap even close to being on topic?

The Epiphone I bought was the DR-500MCE:

Last edited by kjt1981 at Mar 1, 2017,