I'm not slagging off women, I'm just wondering why male guitarists outnumber female guitarists 100 to 1, I mean they've had equality since the 1950s so more can pick up a guitar and learn, plus I think guitar teachers would teach anyone regardless of race and religion.
because men are inferior and as such naturally gravitate towards stupid shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Women don't have time. They are too busy rubbing their bodies over guitarists.
Because women aren't as stupid as men so they don't think they can score puss by playing wonderwall.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
There are definitely social pressures for men and women to play certain instruments. No doubt that guitar is a boy's club instrument. Half of the people that start guitar do it to "get chicks". Not exactly appealing to the female audience.

Shame, too, cuz a girl doesn't even have to be very good to have legions of fans.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
There are definitely social pressures for men and women to play certain instruments. No doubt that guitar is a boy's club instrument. Half of the people that start guitar do it to "get chicks". Not exactly appealing to the female audience.

Shame, too, cuz a girl doesn't even have to be very good to have legions of fans.
Incoming fat shouty guy who has a relevant point for once

Most chicks don't even have actual hobbies, they just watch Netflix and listen to spoon-fed radio pop.

I feel like guys actually spend their free time learning things, productive or not, like playing video-games, fixing cars, sports, etc
One thing I've noticed in general is that guys listen to more genres of music than most chicks, and usually have a way more diverse taste in music. This is why most rappers, musicians, EDM producers, etc are men. In general guys are just more interested in making music as a hobby.

I do agree with the idea that most guys pick up a guitar as a motivation to attract women or chicks, but the same thing can said about chicks trying to attract guys by playing guitar and singing...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Learn keyboards, you can just load up shreddage 2 and electr6ity on it anyway.

Girls who learn guitar are probably super introverts, so they don't tell boys they play, there's little reason to, being a musician doesn't really help you score with either sex, and they don't go telling their female friends because they don't give a flying fuck about music or guitar, except maybe the weird one who likes the boy who plays chords on his acoustic.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 27, 2017,
Quote by k.lainad
Most chicks don't even have actual hobbies, they just watch Netflix and listen to spoon-fed radio pop.

I feel like guys actually spend their free time learning things, productive or not, like playing video-games, fixing cars, sports, etc
One thing I've noticed in general is that guys listen to more genres of music than most chicks, and usually have a way more diverse taste in music. This is why most rappers, musicians, EDM producers, etc are men. In general guys are just more interested in making music as a hobby.

I do agree with the idea that most guys pick up a guitar as a motivation to attract women or chicks, but the same thing can said about chicks trying to attract guys by playing guitar and singing...

This is full of gross and disgusting generalisations

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This is full of gross and disgusting generalisations

Quote by Bukakebloke
EndTheRapture51its true though

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank