If every single one of my pedals is true bypass including my volume pedal (EB VP jr) should I be adding a buffer somewhere in my chain? If so where...

Guitar -> volume -> cae wah -> Friedman Sir Compre -> BE OD -> Strymon Ola

That to patch bay send to Amp (Friedman runt 20) amp back to patch bay

Send out Haunted Delay -> Strymon Brigider Delay -> Ola Chorus

Back to patch bay -> Patch bay to return

All Cables are Mogami Gold guitar to board and board to and from amp are 18 ft runs.

Thoughts?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Yeah that's some pretty baller gear.

Plug your guitar directly into the input of the amp and then compare how that sounds with all the pedals you put in front of the amp bypassed.

If plugging directly into the amp makes the guitar sounds noticeably brighter, then putting the pedals in front of the amp when bypassed is sucking your tone and a buffer is going to be of benefit.

You typically put a buffer right at the front of the effects chain just after the guitar. Some fuzz pedals don't take well to a buffered signal and sound really harsh, so in that case, put the buffer after the fuzz pedal. But generally the further up front the buffer is in the effects chain, the more effective it's going to be.

Some people put buffers in the effects loop portion of their chain, but if your amp's effects loop buffers the signal before it leaves the amp anyway, then there's no point in doing that.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Grawgos
I'm not sure where to put the buffer, but that's a sweet freakin set up ya got.

That is what I was thinking.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yeah that's some pretty baller gear.

Plug your guitar directly into the input of the amp and then compare how that sounds with all the pedals you put in front of the amp bypassed.

If plugging directly into the amp makes the guitar sounds noticeably brighter, then putting the pedals in front of the amp when bypassed is sucking your tone and a buffer is going to be of benefit.

You typically put a buffer right at the front of the effects chain just after the guitar. Some fuzz pedals don't take well to a buffered signal and sound really harsh, so in that case, put the buffer after the fuzz pedal. But generally the further up front the buffer is in the effects chain, the more effective it's going to be.

Some people put buffers in the effects loop portion of their chain, but if your amp's effects loop buffers the signal before it leaves the amp anyway, then there's no point in doing that.

yep bang on, agreed.

only thing i'd say is, if you're really that worried about it, you can also try the buffer at various points in your chain just in case you prefer how it sounds there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?