Yes it's an OLP (Sorry to disappoint haha)
I got this from a friend of a friend for £175 complete with EMG 81/85 (I think I haven't looked at the back of them yet) and replacement locking tuners. It also came complete with the original case, tools, a strap and guitar stand. Total bargain if you ask me.

Being a huge Dream Theater and John Petrucci fan I couldn't pass this up, especially with an actual EBMM being out of my price range.

The guitar itself is solidly built, great neck profile and super nice flat radius. It holds tune well under excessive tremolo usage, the replacement locking tuners must have helped it a great deal since I have heard of tuning stability issues with these guitars. The guitar had obviously been sat unused for quite a long time, as the frets were all varying shades of grey, black and even green, but some fine sandpaper and then a polish with the Planet Waves fret polishing kit brought them back to all their shiny glory. A good dose of lemon oil healed up the fretboard nicely too.

The action is super low after I performed a setup, naturally the truss rod needed adjusting, saddle eight and intonation corrected and even the bridge posts needed tightening up. It was definitely a fixer upper but now it plays like a dream.

The EMG's are something that wouldn't exactly be my first pick, but I guess it is kind of nice to have a guitar with them, even if it means I won't be getting any authentic Dream Theater tones out of this. I'll keep them for the time being though, since all my other guitars are passive.

My only real issue with this guitar is that the trem block is a tiny lightweight piece of shit and will definitely need replacing.

Now for Pics!

My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Last edited by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma at Feb 28, 2017,
Gr8 clickbait thread title m8.

I wouldn't count on the locking tuners making a meaningful difference to tuning stability, but they sure make restringing a breeze.

And I'm sure you'd get plenty of DT-ish tones with that guitar with the right amp. Time to 18v mod those bad boys.

Congrats dude.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Gr8 clickbait thread title m8.

I wouldn't count on the locking tuners making a meaningful difference to tuning stability, but they sure make restringing a breeze.

And I'm sure you'd get plenty of DT-ish tones with that guitar with the right amp. Time to 18v mod those bad boys.

Congrats dude.

Yeah I kind of did that on purpose lol trying to lure people expecting a Majesty or JP BFR haha.
I think I should put locking tuners on all my guitars as I agree, the ease of changing strings is amazing for me, since I hate having to change strings, doing it on this and my Ibanez RGD is easy as pie.

I was thinking about the 18V mod but I am having trouble finding enough space in the control cavity. Maybe I could put the extra battery in the trem cavity if I can squeeze it in without disrupting the trem usage.

I can certainly get the high gain sounds from the Train of Thought album on the Mesa model on my Vypyr with this, maybe I will have to keep this one for the heavier side of DT.

Thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay