D major
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Finding the key is all about finding the note that sounds like home - the tonic. How do you find this note? You need to use your ears.

Let's try to find the tonic. Play the C major scale, but end it with B instead of C. Ending with this note sounds pretty tense and it wouldn't be a good way of ending our "melody". Now complete the scale by playing C again, and it sounds like all of the tension releases and we have come back home again. This is the tonic. Ending with the tonic sounds complete, and it sounds like there is no tension any more.

Now you know what a tonic is. When I try to find the tonic of a song, I first listen to the song for a couple of seconds, then pause it and hum the tonic. Then I try to find that note on an instrument. And that is the key. You of course also need to figure out whether it sounds like major or minor. If you are uncertain, play the major and the minor scale starting from the tonic or the minor and the major tonic chord and listen to which of them matches the sound of the song.

PlusPaul said it's in D major. He may be correct, but you should try it yourself. Does D sound like the tonic? Does it sound like major? If yes, then it is in D major. (BTW, in this case not all of the notes/chords fit the key scale, but you can still pretty clearly hear what the tonic is and whether it sounds more like major or minor.)
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Mar 1, 2017,