TrainerHibiki I suppose, you need to lower the speed even more. Try to play with a metronome at comfort speed and when you can play passage without mistakes, try it on a little faster tempo, and step by step you will get to the desired speed.
1 break it into sections and practice each piece separately before you put them together.
2 lower the speed to learn the pieces - doesn't matter how far - just keep at it until you're there.
3 when you have each piece - speed it up in steps to 100%, then to 110% - then slow down to 100% again, your hands will feel the difference. after 110% normal speed will be easy-ish.
4 keep at it. persistence and practice are the key.
5 remember heads learn fast and hands learn slow. getting the piece in your memory is usually easy. But only repetition will put it into your fingers.
Well as i do alot of covers i can tell you what to do..
First thing you need to listen to the solo you want to play.. over and over again, until you can sing it "yes sing it" you have to be able to memorise the part and to have a feel to it.. it's very important !!

Now the second part is the physical part:
Break the solo you want to play to parts.. i'ld say phrases.. now practice every phrase alone SLOWLY until you do it perfectly... the same thing for all the phrases until you have them all..

Lastly: get a metronome and set it to 50% of the speed you want to play and put all those parts together until you do it perfectly (do NOT increase the speed until you are sure that you've done it right!)

Start speeding it up slowly until you have it all at full speed !

And yeah.. one last thing.. just keep practicing and do NOT give up!

Cheers bro!
Give your self the time to be a Beginner... because no one started as a Professional.
Last edited by Murad_Alm at Mar 1, 2017,
Thank you all for your responses, I'll try them out!
Murad_Alm I want to learn to just to play without the track along with the metronome but once I do that, I am not really sure about the lengths of each single note so that's troublesome :\
TrainerHibiki
Quote by TrainerHibiki

Murad_Alm I want to learn to just to play without the track along with the metronome but once I do that, I am not really sure about the lengths of each single note so that's troublesome :\

That's what i meant when i said you have to keep listening to the solo until you can sing it in you head, even when working or thinking about something.. you have to memorise every single part of it!

When i want to learn a solo i play the song all the time with headphones until i LITERALLY sing the solo along with the track..

Try to listen to the track (or the solo) with half speed.. it really helps understanding the phrases and the way the solo goes..!
Give your self the time to be a Beginner... because no one started as a Professional.
Last edited by Murad_Alm at Mar 1, 2017,