Page 1 of 3
So I'm in that age bracket where half my friends are shooting out kids and the other half are drunk in a gutter, and I keep seeing stuff popping up in my Facebook about people having gender reveal parties.

To me these seem like a total white trash wankfest, but am I wrong?

So, thoughts?

Also, "gender is a social construct" arguments to stir the pot will result in all your threads getting wikihow macro'd
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The pit really needs to get over the gender shit tbh. It's getting boring.
Sounds stupid, like all the parties. I hate parties and fun.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Rebel Scum
The pit really needs to get over the gender shit tbh. It's getting boring.

I couldn't give two shits about the gender side of things, I'm just curious as to why people need to have a party to celebrate it

I'm sure its a recent phenomenon, I don't recall seeing gender reveal parties being a thing until only a few years ago, now it seems to be the done thing.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Because people want that 'look at me, look at us, we're special, give me attention'

Having a child with certain genitalia isn't an accomplishment in itself, people
Tbh, they're probably the same people that circle jerk over Beyonce and say "Yaaaassss" and love brunch
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I really don't know what that is and have never heard it before in my life but I also really don't care.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by K'Nuckles
I say yaaaaaas and love brunch

Tbh brunch is cool, gender reveal parties are not
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I really don't know what that is and have never heard it before in my life but I also really don't care.

Does that make you want to vomit?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Mar 1, 2017,
Quote by mind_meld
What about a gender reveal brunch tho
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by mind_meld
What about a gender reveal brunch tho

As long as there's smashed avo, I could be up for that
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica

I'd steal from all genders equally.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
if this is what normal people do i'm glad i'm not normal people
Apparently its a big deal to cut a cake in front of your friends which is either coloured blue or pink accordingly, and then rave about how edgy you are before making plans to go antiquing the following weekend.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by kalypto
if this is what normal people do i'm glad i'm not normal people
If it's what normal people do, then I don't know normal people.
Quote by Diemon Dave
If the parties involve nothing more than eating and drinking a lot, great. Otherwise, stupid.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
If the parties involve nothing more than eating and drinking a lot, great. Otherwise, stupid.

From what I can gather, there's a lot of that, but apparently its now become a huge event akin to winning an Oscar to have some big dramatic flourish to reveal if your baby has a penis or a va-jay-jay
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Query - since this is ostensibly a party being thrown for someone who is stark raving preggers, why cocktails?
Quote by i_lovemetallica
From what I can gather, there's a lot of that, but apparently its now become a huge event akin to winning an Oscar to have some big dramatic flourish to reveal if your baby has a penis or a va-jay-jay

Also, when will it become a thing to accidentally cut the wrong colour cake at said event?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Query - since this is ostensibly a party being thrown for someone who is stark raving preggers, why cocktails?

For all of the mother-to-be's childless friends so they can forget about how empty and meaningless their lives are, because life's really about having kids
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
So they just flash you a baby dick/baby puss, and people have to go "woah, I wasn't expecting that!" or something?

I'm all for a party, but wtf?

EDIT: Oh, this is before the thing's born?
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Also, when will it become a thing to accidentally cut the wrong colour cake at said event?

Pretty sure I saw an article where the parents cut open a rainbow coloured cake because they wanted to show how much oxygen they waste
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Pretty sure I saw an article where the parents cut open a rainbow coloured cake because they wanted to show how much oxygen they waste
Did the baby end up with some fucking weird gender-neutral name that makes them sound like Ikea furniture?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Did the baby end up with some fucking weird gender-neutral name that makes them sound like Ikea furniture?

I'm sure that Phoenix Quinoa-Paleo is doing just fine
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I'm sure that Phoenix Quinoa-Paleo is doing just fine
Quote by Diemon Dave
Not to be above it all on a guitar forum but yeah. Although I don't really see a problem with the occasion so much as its methods of celebration. Telling your kid what to think or what colors to wear before they're born

Though to be fair parents should get to be as happy as possible they're having a child (and to deploy their own parenting method), and to celebrate that publicly, without some sour chumps going "I'm so much better than this" like this whole thread is basically. Find new friends if all you're looking for is regurgitation of meme and congratulatory self-masturbation for detachment rather than adults growing up and being proud of their spawn like you're a living Bill Hicks routine.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 1, 2017,
When I first heard about this (8 seconds before opening this thread) I thought this was about trans people coming out of the closet and thought "Yeah I can see this happening"

However upon realising this was about unborn children, I promptly changed that position, knowing that this was far more trivial and narcissistic.
I would show up in full drag if ever forced to go to one as an insensitivity (and also so I could be a 'pretty' girl for once
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I couldn't give two shits about the gender side of things, I'm just curious as to why people need to have a party to celebrate it

Yeah I mean no disrespect to you by my post.
Do these parties come with teaser trailers to build up anticipation for the main event?
Quote by Diemon Dave
disposable income is a helluva drug
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
I thought this was a pretty common thing since like for forever. Once you find out what your kid is gonna be you have a big party and celebrate it. Usually it's just incorporated into the baby shower so that the people giving gifts know what clothes and stuff to give.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
I thought this was a pretty common thing since like for forever. Once you find out what your kid is gonna be you have a big party and celebrate it. Usually it's just incorporated into the baby shower so that the people giving gifts know what clothes and stuff to give.
This is not a common thing, at least, not among people I know.

The suggestion is usually greeted with "do you seriously think we have time for this bullshit?"
Quote by Diemon Dave
If my baby was some superior, post-human freak of nature that would almost certainly conquer us all, then I'd throw a party in honour of our future galactic emperor.

If it was just a normal kid, fuck off. I'd raise funds to buy the shitty touchscreen it would raise itself on and get on with my life.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Page 1 of 3