I'm thinking about using a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 USB audio interface for practicing my guitar with head phones on and maybe some light recording. I use a MP3 slowdown program and Video slowdown program to practice with. My question is because I have never done this before I want to make sure I can hear these programs as well as any sound coming from my computer through the headphone connected to the Audio Interface. I Assume you can but I am just making sure. I am going to be using Amplitube the free download at first for amp modeling. Is that a good choice for just starting out. Thanks
yes, you can set the desired volume of the amplitube or whatever in the software itself, and you can also listen to mulitiple sources at the time. it will be a good setup for practicing, also try getting the 2nd generation of scarlett interface if you can, it's better than the 1st one
Quote by JackovSlayer
yes, you can set the desired volume of the amplitube or whatever in the software itself, and you can also listen to mulitiple sources at the time. it will be a good setup for practicing, also try getting the 2nd generation of scarlett interface if you can, it's better than the 1st one

Thanks. I saw videos on the clipping problems and latency issues so i'm definitely getting the 2nd Gen.