Page 1 of 2
it's kinda weird why don't you just interact with real people? especially these off-topic places, it's like, get a life you know?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Real people have feelings and consequences.

Shit posting on forums only makes profit.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I need a) a regular community, b) one that I can opt in/out of easily, and c) one that won't disappear simply cuz I changed cities/countries.

Plus it's just easy. It's like Twitter.
Real people aren't available 24-7 the way that internet forums are.
I have nothing important to say
real people i know don't know about guitars/make me feel smart by asking guitar and gear questions to which i know the answer
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
1. Mutual interest and many other mutual interests
2. I find humans far too subtly hostile and unpredictable to enjoy spending real life time with them (rare exceptions notwithstanding)
3. Online language often lacks the irrational elements of real-life social customs, instead replacing it with a fantastic mix of vitriol and irony
4. It is much easier to order your thoughts through text than it is on the fly in a conversation. I can have considered (lmao) and instructive dialogues on here
5. I can access you anywhere and any time.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I interact with more than enough real people on a daily basis, and I meet up with close friends a few times a week.
Like many other people, I only use the internet in my free time, like when i'm not producing music, at the gym, at work, etc

It seems like everyone else in the world is on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter 24/7 on their smartphones, and a majority of them aren't socializing either, they are just looking at buzzfeed articles and memes. I listen to many new albums everyday, so reading forums and chatting with you guys while listening to music is an easy way to pass the time, like playing videogames.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Banjocal
1. Mutual interest and many other mutual interests
2. I find humans far too subtly hostile and unpredictable to enjoy spending real life time with them (rare exceptions notwithstanding)
3. Online language often lacks the irrational elements of real-life social customs, instead replacing it with a fantastic mix of vitriol and irony
5. I can access you anywhere and any time.

These.

I prefer IRL conversation for debate, though, because I actually have to think my words through, and I can get real time feedback. I can't type quickly enough for my preferences.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
also yeah I am literally making it so that the time between getting home and going to sleep goes as quickly as possible

getting into an argument about whether it's pronounced "tomayto" or "tomahto" is exceptionally good for this
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Banjocal
Obviously tomayto, mayt

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Banjocal
Obviously tomayto, mayt

fucking fight me you cunt
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
fucking fight me you cunt

no thanks limey go find a big dick to pound you instead

Quote by ErikLensherr

I've been posting on forums for half of my life and I don't know what anything else feels like any more.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I live in Nebraska. I assume that should be sufficient justification. If it's not, clearly you've never lived here.
Quote by Banjocal
4. It is much easier to order your thoughts through text than it is on the fly in a conversation. I can have considered (lmao) and instructive dialogues on here.

This. People underestimate the ability to have friendly conversations online via text.
If I tried to discuss any of the issues that show up in The Pit's threads with friends or people IRL, then the discussions would quickly turn a little hostile and I'd be second-guessing everything I say to not offend or anger someone.
Plus the types of conversations you have online don't really show up in IRL conversations. In here someone can post a "Should you identify as an agender pterodactyl?" thread and you instantly have an anchor for the discussion. When you are with friends or other people you don't really have said anchor, you are already talking about some other random shit and dropping the pterodactyl issue out of nowhere disrupts everything and makes you look like an asshole (plus nobody would be interested enough to continue that conversation).

Though if you and your friends are high on weed ... then it is acceptable to have such conversations and it resembles it a little bit better.
But otherwise, nah, online forums are better for it
I do it to bless all of you with my being.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I very much like real people, but an online forum offers some different options for fun or interesting discussions/conversations. With more people it'll become more likely that something that is said resonates with you, or that you say something that resonates with someone else, but bigger groups of people in "real life" become increasingly difficult to keep track of, negating the benefits in that specific regard. And of course it's convenient if you don't have to react immediately to avoid making it seem like you're ignoring someone.

Plus I just like some/many of you and want to interact with you.
As much as I enjoy real people I live in the woods and there isn't many real people so I enjoy talking to internet people.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
I can turn you off without consequences.

Hitting the off button on a real human is irreversible and a crime.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Mar 1, 2017,
because it is literally no different from communicating 'irl', over the phone, via snail mail, etc, but is much easier for me to do
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's a way to have some contact/escape boredom when in physical solitude.

I use forums and online stuff less and less as I get older though. There was a time when I'd top out the chat thread for post count and now I'm probably not even top 75%.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
real world social circles are just hanging out with misc small talk

also mostly time wasting at work, I don't really post/check forums much when I'm at home.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
nostalgia from a time I didn't have a life, strangely
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by Dreadnought
For funzies

I interact with lots of real people
yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
To kill time when I'm not home (bus/waiting in line/etc) or when I'm pooping.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I like text to see where I'm at in a conversation
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Because it's a form of socialization that's convenient for me. Having a social life can sometimes be demanding of time you don't have or is inconvenient for you, but forums don't work that way. Doesn't mean you're anti-social. Just seeking a proper outlet.

That said I refuse to look for a social life until I get my stuff figured out.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'm not so interested in posting usually so much as reading or "listening".

I think the really precious thing about the internet that people don't seem to think about much is how it breaks down barriers and enables you to communicate with people from literally anywhere and everywhere. Even though the demographic is largely US and UK on this forum that's still a hell of a lot more diverse than my group of friends.

obviously its no substitute for travelling and meeting people from different backgrounds for real, but its a pretty amazing thing to have at your fingertips IMO.
I don't have to worry about crippling social anxiety on forums because you are all just words and a profile picture, basically robots
Quote by smithy15493
I don't have to worry about crippling social anxiety on forums because you are all just words and a profile picture, basically robots
Pretty much what I try to explain to anyone who thinks they need to block people.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by smithy15493

EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE
Because I'm lonely at this time of the day.

Doesn't mean I'm a shut-in - I talk to people enough at college - just that there's no one to talk to at this time. Right now in my hostel most of the guys are sleeping, and that asshole I did so much for is texting his 'girlfriend.' When he'll come talk to me, it'll be either for relationship advice or to boast that she sent him a heart smiley because he demanded it. Asshole.
Basically just to kill time at work tbh.

I don't use forums a huge amount outside the hours of 9-5, Monday-Friday.
Quote by gonzaw
Plus the types of conversations you have online don't really show up in IRL conversations. In here someone can post a "Should you identify as an agender pterodactyl?" thread and you instantly have an anchor for the discussion. When you are with friends or other people you don't really have said anchor, you are already talking about some other random shit and dropping the pterodactyl issue out of nowhere disrupts everything and makes you look like an asshole (plus nobody would be interested enough to continue that conversation).
to be fair that usually results in a pretty dumbass discussion on here too

Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
As much as I enjoy real people I live in the woods and there isn't many real people so I enjoy talking to internet people.
yeah all the people where I live are either welsh or chose to live in wales* so by comparison the pit is alright

Quote by Diamond Dave
I think the really precious thing about the internet that people don't seem to think about much is how it breaks down barriers and enables you to communicate with people from literally anywhere and everywhere.
yeah

*disclaimer I like wales and also chose to live here
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Page 1 of 2