I can't decide between a few pickups. The music I play is mostly metal or thrash metal. I have a line six spider 4 and an ltd mh250.
Seymour Duncan blackouts
Emg 81 60 set
Seymour Duncan invaders
new amp will get you a lot farther.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Forget the pickups. Get a new amp first.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You should look at Bareknuckle too, Painkillers, Warpigs, Nailbomb... Though personally I'm not massively into mega output pickups even when playing metal. But the others are right, spending money on new pickups is probably not worth it when you could get much more out of a better amp.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
I would think the Invaders, while really high output, might be too warm for true thrash. The Custom or Pegasus would be better choices for thrash. With actives, you will have to replace the pots, and jack, too, but that is fairly easy.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by Mincer
I would think the Invaders, while really high output, might be too warm for true thrash. The Custom or Pegasus would be better choices for thrash. With actives, you will have to replace the pots, and jack, too, but that is fairly easy.

says the SD endorser.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Bigbazz
You should look at Bareknuckle too, Painkillers, Warpigs, Nailbomb... Though personally I'm not massively into mega output pickups even when playing metal. But the others are right, spending money on new pickups is probably not worth it when you could get much more out of a better amp.

IDK springing for BK's for an MH250 played through a Spider 4 seems like a monumental waste of funds, if OP wants to improve their tone they need to save for an amp ubgrade.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Mincer

Invaders are what James Hetfield used mostly, before switching to EMGs. Soooo I'm thinking you can make it work with them.

But I agree that you should start with an amp first. It'll bring you closer to your tone than new pups. You can throw all the pups you want at a guitar, if you don't have a decent amp, they'll never get you where you want to go.
I'd also put the $200 towards a better amp. I paid $315 for a Laney IRT-Studio so you are most of the way there already but will need some speakers.

A Peavey 6505+ 112 combo can be had for under $400.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Evilnine
if OP wants to improve their tone they need to save for an amp ubgrade.
You post as if I didn't say this exact thing in the same post you just quoted.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V