Page 1 of 3
ITT: I throw my biology education in the trash.

Discuss.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Meh, well gender equals behaviors and ways of dressing/acting while sex is just the plumbing. So, if gender has for a long time been defined on a binary scale with the same terminology, there could possibly be a discrepancy of sex and gender.

If ya just look at it that way, y'know that sex is biological and gender is sociological.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Gender roles are a social construct to a degree. Gender is not a social construct. I dont give a shit what you say, gender and sex are not mutually exclusive identifiers.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gender and sex are completely different things and not at all linked

just ignore that it lines up for 99.7% of us. Just a fluke

Quote by k.lainad

"there's no such thing as a male and female brain"

"trans people basically have the brain of the other sex"
Check out my band Disturbed
i think the pit might finally be bored of these discussions tbh
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
i think the pit might finally be bored of these discussions tbh

Doubt it. It's a relevant important discussion. The problem is all the sarcastic faux-interest and tongue in cheek shitposting
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Doubt it. It's a relevant important discussion. The solution is all the sarcastic faux-interest and tongue in cheek shitposting

ftfy
I think a lot of it is gender as in nature + nurture being confused with gender roles, which seem more like a really rubbish simulacrum of gender than gender itself. Thing is a lot of what we might call ancient history type gender roles no longer have any bearing on our lives. People still push the whole "oh these roles come from when we were survivalists". But we're not, and more and more women exhibit typically "masculine" traits and vice-versa - in ways simply not heard of in "the olden days". As the necessity of these traits becomes less and less present, and as society begins to lose its rabid grip on forcing them on people, the alleged masculinity or femininity of various things is becoming unclear and gender as a concept starts to become incoherent.

So if people find gender roles frustrating it's probably because outside of the most basic forms of care (babies etc, but even this is no longer necessary) they have little to no legitimate bearing on our current material reality. And the really loose ones hold absolutely no ground. So when someone starts talking about pink not being a boy colour you might find yourself thinking

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 2, 2017,
Everything is a social construct
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Social construct is a social construct

Makes you think......
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Does the pit ever look at itself

Tbh, the Pit is pretty much just a living example of Poe's law at this stage
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by mind_meld
It's very social if you have gender revealing parties

In my experience, the gender reveal usually ends the party
IDK im a male and the people in my life are either male or female so I don't have to worry or think about this shit
People do not have gender, words have gender, people have sexes, of which there are two. It's the old axiom of control the language and you control the debate. We now call a jungle a rainforest and a swap a wetland because nobody wants to save a jungle or a swamp.
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Quote by sashki
Are "gender" and "gender roles" different things?

Both are social constructs and both are different things.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You're all human scum lords, like it even matters.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by sashki
Are "gender" and "gender roles" different things?

Yes.

"Gender" refers to presenting oneself as male, female, or something inbetween. "Gender Roles" refers to behaviors and activities that a society and/or culture believe should be done by a certain gender. In the vast majority of cultures, for example, men are supposed to work and be the primary income earners for a family, while women are supposed to primarily be concerned with taking care of their children and homes.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ur face is a social construct
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
It's threads like these that reinforce my goal of moving to northern Alaska/Canada/Scandinavia, building a cabin, and living out my days in total isolation.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Does the pit ever look at itself

I think the more important question here is: If the pit looked into a mirror would it see a reflection?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Stop these stupid discussions. There are two sexes, and if you are born a boy, you are a fucking boy. Period.
Quote by KailM
It's threads like these that reinforce my goal of moving to northern Alaska/Canada/Scandinavia, building a cabin, and living out my days in total isolation.

Bye.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
 Social constructs are a disease of society. 
Quote by Dreadnought
tongue in cheek shitposting

I, too, am tired of all this talk about eating ass. 
Free Ali
Quote by zgr0826
"Gender" refers to presenting oneself as male, female, or something inbetween. "Gender Roles" refers to behaviors and activities that a society and/or culture believe should be done by a certain gender. In the vast majority of cultures, for example, men are supposed to work and be the primary income earners for a family, while women are supposed to primarily be concerned with taking care of their children and homes.

Does presenting oneself as male/female not fall under behavior?
Quote by Banjocal
I think a lot of it is gender as in nature + nurture being confused with gender roles, which seem more like a really rubbish simulacrum of gender than gender itself. Thing is a lot of what we might call ancient history type gender roles no longer have any bearing on our lives. People still push the whole "oh these roles come from when we were survivalists". But we're not, and more and more women exhibit typically "masculine" traits and vice-versa - in ways simply not heard of in "the olden days". As the necessity of these traits becomes less and less present, and as society begins to lose its rabid grip on forcing them on people, the alleged masculinity or femininity of various things is becoming unclear and gender as a concept starts to become incoherent.

So if people find gender roles frustrating it's probably because outside of the most basic forms of care (babies etc, but even this is no longer necessary) they have little to no legitimate bearing on our current material reality. And the really loose ones hold absolutely no ground. So when someone starts talking about pink not being a boy colour you might find yourself thinking

I agree. I'm mostly playing semantics. Gender predates society, so it can't be an invention of society. However, society can certainly have transcended the concept of gender in terms of roles and assignment. I'm really just pulling a StewieSwan in making this thread.

Quote by ArturPr
Stop these stupid discussions. There are two sexes, and if you are born a boy, you are a fucking boy. Period.

lol bro.
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 2, 2017,
I identify as a non-binary asexual Jeep Gran Cherokee.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by sashki
Does presenting oneself as male/female not fall under behavior?

Not as far as gender roles, no. It's along the lines of society okay with boys rough housing, because society expects boys to be "tough." However, if girls rough house, people think of them as being "not ladylike."

Quote by ArturPr

Holy shit.

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by zgr0826 at Mar 2, 2017,
Quote by ArturPr
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by ArturPr
I think my bait worked.

Gender is binary!!!111oneone