I've not long had a Fender Baja tele and while I love the guitar, I absolutely cannot stand the split polls. I've tried searching online but the only place I can find that do normal poll pieces are Gotoh ones, but only locking tuners and are way too expensive for me, or Wilkinson. I was wondering if either anybody knows weather these Wilkinson tuners hold pretty well, or if there are any others that will work better. Otherwise I will most likely sell the guitar as I've tried everything and only been able to restring it twice compared to the 5 sets I've lost.

Here is a link to the Wilkinson tuners
http://www.axesrus.co.uk/Wilkinson-Deluxe-Machine-Heads-p/wj55.htm
I have the same style tuners on my Tele and I just cut the strings to length and hold them in place temporarily with a toothpick while I turn the peg to wrap the string. Looks a little silly when you're changing strings but it holds tune perfectly fine and I like how clean the string ends are with those tuners.
I don't see why you are having issues finding non-locking tunes with holes instead of split pegs, there are tons of them on the market, unless it is because you are in the UK.

Wilkinson is a reputable company you should have no issues with their tuners.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Your problem isn't the tuners, it's not knowing how to go about restringing them

Check this post. The two things I'd add to it are 1) I generally allow another inch, maybe two, beyond what that guy recommends for the high E in particular, maybe also for the B and 2) I keep downward pressure on the string at the kink with a thumbnail while winding, and on the string between the peg and the nut with a free finger. Probably the solution above with the toothpick will work also.

I own two guitars with these things, and have owned another in the past, have done this plenty of times and never lose strings for it - and I'm neither particularly smart nor particularly dexterous nor particularly experienced with guitar things. When I've had issues in the past it's always been from not allowing the high E enough length. If anything, I would say split-shafts make it easier to get more consistent stringing.

If you must replace them, Wilkinson should be fine - even crap tuners can hold a string fine under tension and Wilkinson are a good brand. Just be careful about post diameter, as vintage-style ones tend to have a different size to most other ones out there.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Mar 2, 2017,
I do practically the same as you do, yeah, just replacing the thumbnail with a toothpick because I can have my hands free that way. I only use it for the higher strings too, the lower strings stay in just fine for me.

It's a bit weird the first time around, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy and it's a nice look in my opinion.

I'd also say that if you really must change the tuners, go for locking tuners. You'll thank yourself for doing so, they're awesome.