Hey, your playing is real tight and the vocals sound great too, very clear. I would prefer a bit more saturation on the guitars to make the palm mutes sound bigger, but that's just me. The low end is really good too, the bass is present, but not overwhelming. I think you got it right. I would say that the weakest link here is the drums. The snare sounds very thin and sounds like it is missing its body. The kick is getting lost beneath the guitars and bass. What are you using for your drums?

Overall, I enjoyed listening, nice work! C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1723600
karstaag666

Thanks for the comment on my track.

This is a cool track. I'm not a huge fan of the vocal style in parts (the kind of half sing/half shout bit in the verses) but the being said it is very well done and mixed in nicely - way better than I ever get my vocals to sound.

As mentioned above I think the majority of the mix is really good, but the snare is very thin and short sounding, and the kick is a little buried. The cymbals seem a little whooshy too - but that maybe a soundcloud compression issue.

Very cool anyway - I gave you a like on the soundcloud.

Cheers.
karstaag666

Hey mate, just thought I'd give you my thoughts. First, I like the guitar tone, it sounds very punchy, very suitable for the style. It sounds like the guitar has some slight tuning problems to me. If that is the case, then I can assure you, fixing it will make them even more punchy. Generally, the drum kit is lacking some serious punch and I'd bring the level up just a tad. I think the kick is too trebly/not enough bass. I think the snare is a bit like this as well. Vocals sound quite good too, although are there some slight phase issues in the double-ups? I thought the slight break (where only the vocals are heard) could have been drawn out just a little bit longer. Keep working on it, you'll have a nice EP if you continue to work hard.

If you don't mind, would you be able to give some feedback on my piece? I assure you it's very much within the metal genre.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1727056
Cheers all, left feedback on your work also!

The mixing on this is actually lazy as fuck. EZmix2 presets. I'm not really a pro at that stuff and just try to get it to sound like a good pre-production to work from each time. Would help if I used something better than my Iphone headphones to mix it with though haha.