As someone who wants to play ambient music I am going to need to stack delays. I am thinking of getting 3 delay pedals but I am not sure if I want 2 analog and 1 digital or 2 digital and 1 analog. For the most part I don't like bright in your face delays, I prefer them to sit in the back and add the wash and not get in the way so I am leaning toward the 2 analog and 1 digital but don't know if choosing 2 analog will get me enough repeats at least to cut through the mix.

I am thinking of picking up a MXR Carbon Copy, a BOSS DD7, and a Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail

I watched this to get the idea of what I am going for, you can skip to the end when he uses all 3
I once tried to install tuners and a bridge onto a living tree, with a diameter of about 12". did standard string spacing as well. I tried for a 24" scale length but kinda eyeballed it in the end. it got too complicated with the bark varying soo much.

Needless to say it was a bitch to tune. But once i got it setup it played well. I should have installed it closer to the ground, I put it way too high, climbing the tree sucks.

sorry no video to share, it was on private property and I don't want the owner to know im up in the tree playing love songs while they sleep at night.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, Marshall DSL100H, JetCity JCA50H
Quote by DirtFarmer
I once tried to install tuners and a bridge onto a living tree, with a diameter of about 12". did standard string spacing as well. I tried for a 24" scale length but kinda eyeballed it in the end. it got too complicated with the bark varying soo much.

Needless to say it was a bitch to tune. But once i got it setup it played well. I should have installed it closer to the ground, I put it way too high, climbing the tree sucks.

sorry no video to share, it was on private property and I don't want the owner to know im up in the tree playing love songs while they sleep at night.

Wut.
FlawlessSubZero oh, I thought this was a "post really cool stories" thread... I think my story is better...

my bad.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, Marshall DSL100H, JetCity JCA50H
Quote by DirtFarmer
FlawlessSubZero oh, I thought this was a "post really cool stories" thread... I think my story is better...

my bad.

not helpful or even funny i know you know better than this.
Quote by FlawlessSubZero
As someone who wants to play ambient music I am going to need to stack delays. I am thinking of getting 3 delay pedals but I am not sure if I want 2 analog and 1 digital or 2 digital and 1 analog. For the most part I don't like bright in your face delays, I prefer them to sit in the back and add the wash and not get in the way so I am leaning toward the 2 analog and 1 digital but don't know if choosing 2 analog will get me enough repeats at least to cut through the mix.

Grab one of the better multi-FX and stack away (internally). You'll be able to try out your plan without putting up the big bucks for the delays until you know it will work the way you want it to.