Hi all,

I just recently picked up a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe used for about 300. When I got it back home I did my usual inspection of my new purchase. Checking the valves, everything was okay apart from one of the power valves which didn't seem to be glowing/illuminated. I pulled the valve out and cleaned up all the contacts and still found myself with the same problem. After swapping the two power valves over, the valve that was working is now not glowing at all and the one that I thought had gone is now working fine. So I'm now thinking that it's the socket. is anyone able to help on this matter?

Many thanks in advance
Quote by JB98
Hi all,

I just recently picked up a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe used for about 300. When I got it back home I did my usual inspection of my new purchase. Checking the valves, everything was okay apart from one of the power valves which didn't seem to be glowing/illuminated. I pulled the valve out and cleaned up all the contacts and still found myself with the same problem. After swapping the two power valves over, the valve that was working is now not glowing at all and the one that I thought had gone is now working fine. So I'm now thinking that it's the socket. is anyone able to help on this matter?

Many thanks in advance

Get it to a technician to check it out. Could be the socket but could be some other component that delivers power to that socket. I recommend having a professional check it out due to the risk of electric shock.