Poll: Yamaha or Boss
Poll Options
View poll results: Yamaha or Boss
Yamaha THR10
3 75%
Boss Katana 50
1 25%
Voters: 4.
Just bought my first electric guitar, a PRS S2 Standard 22. I need/want an amp that sounds great of course but also need it to be awesome at low volumes so I don't disturb the big-city thin-wall neighbors (when not just using headphones).

I like the Yamaha THR10 because it looks neat, is small and does what I need. Not sure if I'd want the regular V2 or C model though.

I like the Boss Katana 50 because seems to have more options for sounds (since I don't have any pedals) and is a bit cheaper.

I don't care about recording or battery power. Both get great reviews but I can't find any video comparing them back to back and my local guitar center etc has neither in stock. They sound good individually but I need more help to decide!!!
The v2 of the thr is much better then the original. I haven't played the katana.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
AcousticMirror I haven't determined if the V2 is the same as just downloading the update to the old one. I am not sure if I'd prefer that or the classic rock specific version. Thanks for the note!
Last edited by Jlowfz1 at Mar 2, 2017,
V2 is just a firmware update for the THR10. I have the THR10C and I think it's great. The basic 10 is pretty versatile.. kinda wish I got that instead of the C, just for the colour tho. Good luck!
Quote by ruckuss
V2 is just a firmware update for the THR10. I have the THR10C and I think it's great. The basic 10 is pretty versatile.. kinda wish I got that instead of the C, just for the colour tho. Good luck!
Thanks! I think I might just buy both and return the one I don't love since I can't decide!