Poll: Goodwood or Analysis
Poll Options
View poll results: Goodwood or Analysis
Goodwood Cable
0 0%
Analysis Plus Yellow Oval Cable
0 0%
Voters: 0.
Trying to decide on my first nice guitar cables, rather than the $15 cheapos that break a bunch.

I really like the Goodwood Audio for $65
https://goodwoodaudio.com/product/instrument-leads/

Also contendors are the Analysis Plus Yellow Ovals for $99
http://www.analysis-plus.com/product/pro-audio/instrument-cables/yellow-oval-with-overmold-plug/

The Goodwood's use Mogami gold cables with their own ends and cool covers.
The Analysis +'s are used by a lot of guitarists I like but maybe they're just getting free gear.
So, does it matter? Get the "cheaper" of the two because I won't notice or get the pricier because they're pretty? Ha!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried both as I can't find any comparisons online!
Or, if you know that one will be sturdier that would be a big help around my small child and cat!
Cheers.
I've been building my own with Canare (and occasionally Mogami) cable and Neutrik ends. Same high-end quality at about a third of the price. And it's not difficult to do.
Quote by dspellman
I've been building my own with Canare (and occasionally Mogami) cable and Neutrik ends. Same high-end quality at about a third of the price. And it's not difficult to do.
Thanks, yeah I saw you can order the parts from redco but I don't really know what setup I need or want.
I also make my own cables. I use Switchcraft for jacks and BTPA for cable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Do you have any buffers in your signal chain?

It's worth getting up to the pro quality cables I think, but you don't need to spend anywhere near $100 either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jlowfz1

what is your signal chain?

buffers can be important.

also a chain is only as strong as the weakest link.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ Sort of. I mean, if your weak link is a high capacitance cable, a good buffer in front of that will likely cure it. Ditto half-assed bypass pedals.

It's kind of one of those phrases that sounds good, but when you analyse it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out Whirlwind Leader cables, you will never break one of those.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Dave_Mc
Do you have any buffers in your signal chain?
Forgive me for not knowing! I'll be going from guitar to amp, no pedals.
^ Oh ok, if you're not using any pedals then you won't have any buffers. In that case it's worth getting a decent quality cable since you only need one and with no buffers the cable will have a fair effect on the tone. (Though as I said above, there's no need to spend crazy money either.)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?