So, it's all about...not using a pop song.

Anyway, I'd tried several basses before: Ibanez SR's, Yamaha TRBX, Sterling, Schecter, Epiphone...I'd had enough that when the tax check dropped, I had enough research I could snag something I wanted. So here it is:

It's actually a cherry burst finish, but it may not come through very well.

I got this used for about $220 and I don't think it was used that much. Action is very low, a few minor scratches on the clear coat...but mostly just dust. The controls access houses the battery for the Active EQ. The cover is kinda tight, but not really a big deal.

This feels great in the hand. It's not as thin as an SR, but it is comfortable. I noticed it's fairly light given the body is supposedly mahogany.
It has a 35" scale, so the low B doesn't feel overly floppy compared to some basses I've tried, but the stock gauge set's are 45-130's, which given the condition likely haven't been changed.

So far I like it, but I'll need time to dial it in with the amp I'm pairing it with, a Peavy Max 112.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Lovely bass, clips?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Lovely bass, clips?

Thanks!
Only if you want bad versions of Mudshovel and Another One Bites the Dust.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I'm on a max 112 too, nice little amp. Nice looking bass, good pick up.
It's my 2nd Schecter axe, the other being a Damien 6. It does have the baseball neck Schecter's known for, but it's handled well so far. I'll have to get the strap adjusted to my liking.

The Peavey was one of the lighter amps that would do justice to a 5-string. I know the Mark Bass stuff has a good rep, but that was more than I was looking to spend. Gallien Kruger had some 115 combos that would've worked, but they moved fast whenever they showed up. I haven't been able to mess with it too much, but the tone I have pulled up has been easy.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz