Stupid question..

Basically I want to sell this case, but I have no idea what it is and therefore don't know what it's worth. It's very big and heavy and I got it in addition to my axefx when I bought it last year and I don't use it in a live scenario so have no use for it.
Anyone able to help a noob out so I can get rid of this thing

Thanks
Its a rack case. Its used to house standard sized rack units, like the axefx, and all sorts of other stuff like power suplies, effects, PA units.... Its used for transport and protection of those units.

I have no idea what its worth.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
Its a rack case. Its used to house standard sized rack units, like the axefx, and all sorts of other stuff like power suplies, effects, PA units.... Its used for transport and protection of those units.

I have no idea what its worth.

Is there a specific name for this size or brand of rack case? I see many rack cases sold online with many different names like 2U, 3U etc. I don't know what any of it means :s
vayne92 Like i said, the "rack unit size" is standardized. Its 19"x1,75". The designation that you are refering to, the 2U, 3U and so on, tells you the size of the rack case. A 4U rack case can house 4 different units that are 1U (so, one rack unit size) big. The units themselves also have size designations. I belive the axefx is 2U, so it takes up 2 standard rack units.

This is how rack cases like this one look, when they are filled up. This is a 4u rack case, the line6 and bottom unit take 1u each, and the axefx takes 2:
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
OOOOOHHHH okay that actually clears things up a lot. So it's a 4U. Cheers for the help
One more thing you want to know about your rack case is that it's a foam-isolated ("shock mount") case. The rack gear itself bolts into an inner case that is, in turn, floating in a surround of foam. That reduces potential vibration and impact damage.

In addition, yours already has one unit of the case filled up with a locking drawer. While that's an extra-cost option on these cases, it means that the blue piece on the above illustrated rack could not be fitted in the case without removing the drawer.

And finally, it's a case designed for touring by a company similar to Anvil. If you want to get an idea what a new version of that case would be, you might try contacting them. A reasonable price for a used one is about half the cost of a new one, or somewhere in between. http://www.anvilcase.com/quotecontact/