Hi, Im looking to buy a guitar, I currently own a Squier Affinity Strat and a Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I have some guitars in sight: Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, the Epiphone G-400 ( or maybe G-400 Pro ), the Fender Telecaster Deluxe 72 wich is used ( and so is about the same cost as the others). I play many genres, from smooth Chili Peppers songs, to some more Hardcore punk stuff. The main problem is that the Strat is the choice for RHCP, but humbuckers may be more usefull in other genre with more gain. Can I get some advices please?
I got maybe 700$ CAD, Im near Montréal, Canada, i can buy used, new, online, but id still prefer to try it first, I want the best for the money. I dont know what to take for pickup config. I prefer 9,5 and 12 for the radius, and i prefer satin neck finish. I like pretty much all shapes. I have a Fender Mustang II V2 amp, a Boss OD-1X, a Boss Metalcore pedal and a Dunlop Wah.
Quote by Narrka
I got maybe 700$ CAD, Im near Montréal, Canada, i can buy used, new, online, but id still prefer to try it first, I want the best for the money. I dont know what to take for pickup config. I prefer 9,5 and 12 for the radius, and i prefer satin neck finish. I like pretty much all shapes. I have a Fender Mustang II V2 amp, a Boss OD-1X, a Boss Metalcore pedal and a Dunlop Wah.

"best" for the money is totally subjective which is why it's pointless to say it. anything that can help us understand what might be :best" for you would help. if you prefer satiin necks then the CV 50s strat might not be to your liking, it has a finish on it like an actual vintage strat does (poly not nitro). i'd look for a used MIM strat with an HSS pickup configuration. this will give you pretty much all you want with only a little compromise
some of the new fender duo sonics have a humbucker and a single coil, with coil tap for the humbucker as well, and they have a satin neck. 500 USD so they'd be in your price range too. might be worth consideration.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks guys, think Im gonna look for a HSS MIM Strat, seems interesting!