I made this cover in the end of November last year, and now that I have an UG account and I'm using it more, I figured I'd share it here.

When learning this song, I had a hard time trying to play it in standard EADGBE tuning. I found out that DADGAD (Celtic) tuning with a capo works perfectly for getting those big open chords to ring out and sustain fully.

Equipment used:
  • Lead/Clean Guitar - Fender 1982 Stratocaster
  • Rhythm Guitar - Ibanez S7420-BK
  • Bass Guitar - Hohner Jack Bass Custom V
  • Drums - Yamaha DTX450K
  • Microphones - sE Electronics sE2200a, AKG D310
  • Keyboard - Korg M1
  • Guitar Amplifier - Orbitek Prototype (My dad's homemade solid-state amplifier)
  • Bass Amplifier - Peavey Minx 110
"There was Pope John, if you remember. Now there's Pope John Paul. The next pope's gonna be Pope John Paul George, and we can see where they're going. It's that more populist edge Pope John Paul George and Ringo, he's going to take off; he's going to have songs in the charts."
~Eddie Izzard, "Circle", 2000

"Boy bands should be exploded from a great height. They’re just pretty people singing music written by others."
~Eddie Izzard
Last edited by lizzyg1958 at Mar 4, 2017,
geo-rage Thanks!
"There was Pope John, if you remember. Now there's Pope John Paul. The next pope's gonna be Pope John Paul George, and we can see where they're going. It's that more populist edge Pope John Paul George and Ringo, he's going to take off; he's going to have songs in the charts."

"Boy bands should be exploded from a great height. They’re just pretty people singing music written by others."
~Eddie Izzard
Dreadnought Thanks!

UltimateGuizar Ayy thanks!

~Eddie Izzard