buying used (slightly) i was able to score everything in this thread for half of what it would have cost me new. exactly half. (once local taxes are figured in).

i love a 50% off sale.

found on reverb is a leapling, made 29 Feb 2016 and sold from sweetwater when new late last year. not sure why or how, and don't care one bit. she arrived with all the case candy, evh ppwk, allen wrenches, original box and packaging.

so then i scour the lands for a used wolfgang case with no luck. but GC still had an original SKB Peavey wolfgang case listed on "blowout" for $50. and they shipped it to me for free.

"It sports a graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck—carved and rolled .. 12"-16" compound radius ebony fingerboard,.. Twenty-two jumbo frets Custom Designed EVH Wolfgang Humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the basswood body, EVH-branded Floyd Rose Locking Trem (i believe it's the korean made version) combines with the Floyd Rose Locking nut The EVH D-Tuna retunes to Drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the mere flick of a finger... "

that's all nice, sure. but how does it feel? horrible, fret ends are lethal. but that's typical of every MIM guitar hanging in any store in the midwestern US right about now. it's so dry. i'll get those taken care of this afternoon in short order.

the trem feels great. i forgot how much fun a floyd can be, it's been too long. the nut is not the index finger assailant that i remember, it's nicely rounded and doesn't kill your finger. yeah whatever, those nut things used to suck, well done FR.

going to plug in today and see how the pups sound before the tear down.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 8, 2017,
Stealthylicious steal of a deal!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ayy nice to see another Peavey guitar owner
My God, it's full of stars!
thanks guys!

Quote by Dreadnought
Ayy nice to see another Peavey guitar owner

it's actually a mim fender, i got the peavey case because it was on closeout.

the peaveys are nice wolfgangs too. they should have kept making them and called them the 6505.
Quote by Dreadnought
It's not one of these??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peavey_EVH_Wolfgang

wow. Well I learned something today

Eddie owns the brand names to 5150 and Wolfgang, when he parted ways with Peavey in 2004 he took the names with him. That's why Fender makes the 5150 III when the original 5150/5150II was a Peavey amp.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Dreadnought
It's not one of these??

nope, it's one of these. http://www.evhgear.com/gear/guitars/wolfgang-special/evh-wolfgang-special-ebony-fingerboard-stealth-black/
June 5, 2005 was the last day of the peavey's. or maybe it was the June 4. but that's exactly when the Peavey 5150 became the Peavey 6505. on 6/5/05.

Bigbazz has it as well.

the wolfgang guitars have been made by peavy and music man and prior to fender iirc. i could be wrong though.
This has answered a lot of Peavey questions I've had but been too lazy to look up on my own
My God, it's full of stars!
Yeaaaaaa

It's unfortunate about the fret ends though. If it were me, I'd return the guitar and get a replacement without that issue.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
nope, it's one of these. http://www.evhgear.com/gear/guitars/wolfgang-special/evh-wolfgang-special-ebony-fingerboard-stealth-black/
June 5, 2005 was the last day of the peavey's. or maybe it was the June 4. but that's exactly when the Peavey 5150 became the Peavey 6505. on 6/5/05.

Bigbazz has it as well.

the wolfgang guitars have been made by peavy and music man and prior to fender iirc. i could be wrong though.

With the amps at least it was definitely 2004, I tried to buy a 5150II roughly around November 2004 and after ordering through their site the store phoned me to tell me how they were out of stock and couldn't get any new stock because Peavey had stopped making them due to a breakup with Eddie. I ended up buying a used original 5150 off them instead, with matching cab.

Then in 2005 Peavey came out with the rebranded 5150, with the 6505 name being a celebration of their 40 years as a company (1965-2005).
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
ok that makes sense too. i heard it at a guitar store.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yeaaaaaa

It's unfortunate about the fret ends though. If it were me, I'd return the guitar and get a replacement without that issue.

i technically bought it used. but i've filed the fret ends off more MIM guitars than i can remember when i worked at the shop. something about those necks, maybe it's how they install the frets down there? the squiers and MIA strats didn't do it nearly as much as the MIM's for whatever reason. a little masking tape and a proper file and they're gone. i could do the entire neck in an hour or so and it'll never happen again.

so i got to plug it in for a while today. turns out the pup selector is wired backwards, up is neck and down is bridge like a normal guitar. i heard some came this way but it's supposed to be the other way around. the pups sound great, i like them but i'm sure they aren't for everyone. the middle position is out of phase, as it should be. it's my first guitar with a dtuna, and that's pretty fun tbh.
gregs1020 

Hmmm...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sweet!  Love those guitars, they look so good.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Nice find! I never had fret end sprout issues with my MiJ EVH special. Then again it probably didn't hang in a dry music store for any amount of time :P
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
Nice find! I never had fret end sprout issues with my MiJ EVH special. Then again it probably didn't hang in a dry music store for any amount of time :P

i don't think any of my MIJ guitars have had fret sprout issues.  but every MIM fender hanging in the stores around here (chicagoland) suffer badly from it.  when i worked at the store we filed them down, or they would have never sold.  

dannyalcatraz bingo!
dementiacaptain this is my first evh, and i honestly think it's the best looking evh guitar. maybe because i like dark fret boards?    
Quote by gregs1020
i don't think any of my MIJ guitars have had fret sprout issues.  but every MIM fender hanging in the stores around here (chicagoland) suffer badly from it.  when i worked at the store we filed them down, or they would have never sold.  

dannyalcatraz bingo!
dementiacaptain this is my first evh, and i honestly think it's the best looking evh guitar. maybe because i like dark fret boards?    

I almost was soured on EBMM guitars after trying a JP6 that had been hanging in a dry music store for 8 months. Sprouted like crazy and with stainless steel frets, they actually were tearing skin!

I had looked at some of the USA made EVH's, but they are stupidly overpriced
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
they really do become cheese graters if not cared for.  i'm doing mine today and shouldn't have a problem after that.  it think it's about as dry here as it's going to get.  

also have to wire it up and get the back plate on.  i'll post more pics later.  

i have another NGD box out for delivery, been waiting since early february for that one to get here.