Does this guitar have coil splitting? I see in places that it does but its also not really advertised. I just bought one and it should be arriving in a couple weeks. Was just curous if it had this feature.
Together we climb any mountain, rent any video, dial any phone. And not just our phone, other people's phones. Decent phones, God-fearing phones, phones that everybody else gave up on, but we knew better because we were a team!
From what I've seen, both this and the '16 50s Tribute T do not. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.
Hope this helps!
Anybody else know for sure? I'm doubting it but I'd like a first hand experience if possible.
Together we climb any mountain, rent any video, dial any phone. And not just our phone, other people's phones. Decent phones, God-fearing phones, phones that everybody else gave up on, but we knew better because we were a team!
Not sure.

But even if it doesn't, it isn't like you can't just mod the guitar to have them yourself. So either way it isn't a big deal.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Click here for the specs on your 2016 Faded Gibson Explorer. No, it does not come with coil taps standard. So long as the pickups installed are the Dirty Fingers 4 conductor, you can get Push Pull potentiometers so you can split the coils later. There are web sites and videos available on how to wire push pull knobs and your 4 wire pickups to pots if you decide to go that route.

Edited to add: This is not a hard upgrade to do yourself if you have a soldering iron, patience, and a video to guide you. Many of these pots will come with instructions and wiring diagram. Just don't cut the red wire! [ <-- That's a bomb disposal joke. ]

Hope this helps you.
Last edited by GoldJim at Mar 6, 2017,
I know that Gibson's site wasn't specific about the fact that the Faded was limited, but this link from Guitar Center might help more. If you scroll down, you'll see:

Controls
Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
Pickup switch: 3-way
Coil tap or split: No
Kill switch: No

Hope that helped you. It's probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but it should put your mind at ease.
Hey so i got the guitar and i would like to report that without a shadow of a doubt... it has coil splitting for both pickups. And they sound purrty guud.
Heres some pics as proof my friends.