Hi guys,

so I'm looking to buy a new guitar and I'm currently leaning towards a Les Paul from Epiphone and this one guitar in particular caught my eye:

https://www.tori.fi/uusimaa/Epiphone_Les_Paul_33928883.htm?ca=18&w=3
(The site is in Finnish)

He says that it's a "Epiphone Lel Paul Gibson" which confuses me a bit. Also the fact that I couldn't find the model from catalogs throws me off.
So I'm wondering if any of you recognize the model and could fill me in with some information about the guitar. Things like specs and features, stuff like that. Advice about is it worth buying would also be appreciated. My other options would be the Epiphone LP standard or standard pro.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by joelasikainen1 at Mar 4, 2017,

It is a regular Epi LP Standard from around '95 - '05

the price seems fair for Europe
Last edited by paruwi at Mar 4, 2017,
In the past Gibson/Epiphone used that Gibson script truss rod cover on the S Korean Samick made guitars, Nice guitars by the way, did a student job called Epoch by Gibson also, But then removed all Gibson reference and logos from the Epiphones and discontinued Epoch all together, Meaning if it had a Gibson logo it was made in the USA, But then again there were Epiphones at the time being made in Tennessee, Its rather confusing if you ask me, Then later came out with the Maestro by Gibson, Even more confusing as those Chinese made atrocities are complete junk, But from what I understand the CEO at Gibson has some mental issues, In any case if a S Korean job I'd take it over a Chinese made job any day, As I said nice guitars
Gibson on the trussrod cover wasn't only used with S (Samick) made guitars
all other OEM factories did use it too,
according to Jim Rosenberg it was used to get the connection to Gibson back in the time when their Korean Epi manufacturing went up
it stopped around 2003/04 when they started their first own factory in QingDao, China

Not much Epis had been made in the US after the production got moved to Japan in the 1970s
Quote by paruwi
Gibson on the trussrod cover wasn't only used with S (Samick) made guitars
all other OEM factories did use it too,
according to Jim Rosenberg it was used to get the connection to Gibson back in the time when their Korean Epi manufacturing went up
it stopped around 2003/04 when they started their first own factory in QingDao, China

Not much Epis had been made in the US after the production got moved to Japan in the 1970s

As I said can be confusing even for those in the know, You can run serial numbers for what good it will do you, But even then where its made and its vintage does not make a guitar good or bad, The only thing that determines that is the person playing it, However the Samicks are quite in demand last I checked, And there was a time before Gibson that Epiphone was a US guitar manufacture, Today? Yea OK